Acklam Grange School, Middlesbrough
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
We are looking to appoint a motivated, outstanding practitioner to join our highly successful dedicated team in the Maths Faculty.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher status
Qualified Teacher status
Essential skills and experience
Should have experience of:
• teaching throughout KS3 and KS4 to all abilities;
• supporting students to achieve improved results and good or outstanding teaching practice
• the use of prior attainment data to drive student progress and achievement
Should have knowledge and understanding of:
• academic systems and processes
• the current Ofsted framework and its impact on classroom practice
Will be able to:
• demonstrate a high level of competency with ICT within the classroom
• communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to a variety of audiences;
• show evidence of good interpersonal skills as a team member, and in handling sensitive situations in a wider context;
• establish good working relationships throughout the school community;
• promote the school’s aims positively, and use strategies to monitor motivation and morale;
We place the students at the heart of all that we do. We offer you:
• A school ranked in the top 20% of in the country for student progress for four years running.
• A school with a broad and balanced curriculum where all subjects are valued.
• National Award winner for ’Outstanding Secondary School Progress 2018’ by the Education Business Awards.
• The top performing school overall in Middlesbrough for four years running and ranked one of the top 5 in the Real Schools’ Guide of Teesside state secondary schools.
• Consistently outstanding GCSE results including 9-4 English & Maths 70%, 76% 9-4 English, 77% 9-4 Maths with 27 subjects performing above national figures.
• A nationally recognised, bespoke professional development programme – AGS Inspire.
• A comprehensive, inclusive, family working environment firmly rooted in our local community.
• A commitment to both academic and pastoral success with SMSC as a driving force and strength.
• Staff well-being package supported by a serving NHS practitioner which is nationally recognised.
• SSAT Award winners for 5 years running.
|School size||1442 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Acklam Grange School website (opens in a new window)|
About Acklam Grange School
Lodore Grove, Middlesbrough, TS5 8PB