Maths Teacher - Special School
2 days remaining to apply
Start date details
12 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
15 May 2023
- Key stage 2, Key stage 3
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0 Contract
- Maternity or parental leave cover - To start ASAP
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Qualified teacher status
- Successful teaching experience
- Desired qualifications in Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC, formerly ASD)
- Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Excellent knowledge of effective teaching and learning strategies
- Excellent understanding of how children learn
- Ability to adapt teaching to meet pupils’ individual needs
- Ability to build effective and positive working relationships with pupils
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to engage with young people in challenging circumstances
- Knowledge of guidance and requirements around safeguarding children
- Knowledge of effective behaviour management and regulation strategies
- Desired experience in teaching pupils with ASC
- Good ICT skills, particularly using ICT to support learning
- Share our vision and purpose
- Flexibility and an ability to adapt
- Positive mindset and a can –do attitude
- A commitment to getting the best outcomes for all pupils and promoting the ethos and values of the school
- High expectations for children’s attainment and progress
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Commitment to safeguarding and equality
- A belief that ALL pupils have the right to an education
- Resilience – tomorrow is a new day with new opportunities
What the school offers its staff
- All decisions are made in the best interests of staff, students and families.
- High support, high challenge and evidence informed in everything we do.
- We work collaboratively and make team, not individual, decisions.
- We acknowledge our mistakes and use them to learn and improve.
- We are always open to learning and seeking new ideas.
Further details about the role
As part of Delta, Education Trust, The Harbour School’s vision is “Learning together in pursuit of happiness”.This means we really care whether pupils love or hate their learning, so we work hard to create a space where they learn together to become knowledgeable, self-aware, independent and happy people who make a positive difference, wherever life takes them.
Following the most recent Ofsted inspection, each and every member of the team are working together to make the changes we need.
We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals to make a real difference to children’s lives in This career defining opportunity.
The choices you make with the pupils and the creativity you bring to the classroom will give the children the opportunities they deserve and contribute to the journey from RI back to Good, within the supportive framework of the wider Delta Education Trust, a small but growing Trust.
You will be part of an inclusive and collaborative team that, no matter what the challenge may be, are ready to face it head on and are committed to seeing it through.
Learning can look different for everyone; learning is continuous and enabled by the broad curriculum, therapeutic interventions, and the environment the school and staffing team create. It’s only through your leadership and partnership working that we will create that environment together to ensure the pupils progress towards a happy life that they can enjoy.
If successfully shortlisted the HR Department will also be conducting an individual online search including social media platforms of your ‘name, education and employment’, to demonstrate due diligence following the updated ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022' guidance. The search will not form part of the actual shortlisting process and any concerns arising from the search will be discussed directly with you.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 88.5 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Harbour School
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 19
- School size
- 113 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Harbour School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
The Harbour School is a special school for learners with Social, Emotional and/or Mental Health (SEMH) Needs and/or Medical Needs. The school operates from multiple sites situated across Portsmouth with provision extending beyond these physical locations. As a trust, our ethos is encompassed in our vision “Learning together in pursuit of happiness”.
Arranging a visit to The Harbour School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
The Portsmouth Academy
St Mary's Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 5PF
The Littlehampton Academy
Fitzalan Road, Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN17 6FE
Admiral Lord Nelson School
Dundas Lane, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO3 5XT
Teacher of Maths (would suit an ECT)
Chichester High School
Kingsham Road, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8EB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Portsmouth and Hampshire