|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
This post is required from 1st September 2020 and is suitable for both NQTs and more experienced qualified teachers. We would also welcome applications from candidates who are looking for a part-time post.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and committed teacher of French to teach across the age range 11-16 years. An interest and desire in teaching A Level French would be most welcome. The ability to offer a second language in Spanish is welcomed, but not essential. The successful candidate will join a highly committed team dedicated to raising achievement and transforming learning.
We welcome colleagues who relish sharing their skills and ideas, and want to contribute to the development of the department and the Academy as a whole.
The successful applicant will be extremely well organised, energetic and willing to 'go the extra mile'. They will be focused on the attainment of all pupils, accepting no excuses for under achievement. A commitment to extra-curricular and curriculum enrichment activities is essential.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
Passionate about languages
Can deliver courses in French to all ability levels across the age range
Can offer a second language in Spanish (but not essential)
An interest and desire to teach A level would be most welcome.
Can build positive and productive working relationships with staff, pupils and parents.
Can deliver a creative and innovative approach to teaching.
Committed to making learning a challenging, exciting and worthwhile activity for our youngsters.
Enjoy working with young people, with high expectations and can unlock potential
Ambitious and welcome professional development opportunities.
Have a good sense of humour
Work well in a team.
Haberdashers' Abraham Darby is an 11-18 mixed school which opened in 2008. We are part of the Haberdashers' Adams’ Federation linked with Haberdashers’ Adams in Newport. We are located within a short distance from the picturesque River Severn and Ironbridge Gorge. Moving into a new state of the art, technology rich building in July 2012, our facilities and working environment are excellent.
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate degree in languages (French)
A level French
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Qualified French teacher - see application pack for further details
• A friendly and supportive environment
• The opportunity to work with motivated students, supportive parents and dedicated staff
• A location close to main line railway services, road networks and M54 and M6 motorways
• The opportunity to be part of the Haberdashers' Adams' Federation Trust (HAFT), with links to Haberdashers’ Adams Grammar School in Newport
• Opportunity to work in a new state of the art school building
• Regular CPD opportunities
• Internal promotional opportunities
• Our own free staff carpark
• Dedicated staff work bases
• Dedicated staffroom including free tea and coffee facilities
• Free flu vaccinations
• Discounted membership at the adjourning leisure complex, with swimming pool and gym
• Staff social clubs
• Opportunities to become involved in Sport, Performing Arts and other recreational activities
• Promoting staff well-being
|School size||1059 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Haberdashers' Abraham Darby website (opens in a new window)|
About Haberdashers' Abraham Darby
Ironbridge Road, Telford, Shropshire, TF7 5HX