This job expired on 27 March 2023 – see similar jobs
27 March 2023 at 9am
24 March 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £4,670.00 to £4,712.00
Midday Supervisor job summary
We are looking to appoint a Midday Supervisor to join our team at The Oldham Academy North, the purpose of this role is to work as part of a team supervising pupils during the school lunch break, which includes attending to their welfare and domestic needs.
Reporting to the Lead Pastoral Practitioner, this post holder will be accountable for
- Supervising pupils immediately before, during and after the midday meal, including children who bring sandwiches
- Supervising handwashing and toileting by pupils at the Headteacher’s discretion
- Supervising pupils entering and exiting the dining area, including during any journey or walk to the dining room
- Supervising pupils in the playground under the direction of the Lead Pastoral Practitioner
- Setting up and removing playground equipment under the direction of the Lead Pastoral Practitioner
- Taking necessary steps when children are sick by attending to their needs when in distress and reporting the situation to the relevant member of staff
Salary: £4670 - £4712 (FTE: £20,258 - £20,441)
10 hours per week - term time only
12.30pm - 2.30pm
For full details of the role, please read the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
In return we offer:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 academy in Oldham. We set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors of their community.
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
Our academies span the length and breadth of the country, but we all follow the same set of underlying principles
Our hopes and aspirations for every one of our pupils is the same. By encouraging them to think big and believe that anything is possible, by showing them the importance of team spirit and by teaching them to carefully think through their decisions to do the right thing, we know that every one of our pupils can realise their full potential with us.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
About The Oldham Academy North
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1322 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Oldham Academy North website (opens in new tab)
The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 secondary academy in Oldham. We have over 1100 students on roll and set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors for their community.
Similar jobs nearby
Dixons Cottingley Academy
Cottingley New Road, Bingley, BD16 1TZ
Academic Mentor - Subject Tutor (Multiple posts: English/Science/History)
Mile End Lane, Stockport, Cheshire, SK2 6BW
Leaventhorpe Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD13 3BH
All Saints Catholic College
Bradley Bar, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD2 2JT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oldham and Greater Manchester