- Be able to establish positive and supportive relationships with all pupils and staff.
- Have a calm and consistent approach
- Be keen to actively support and encourage children to play happily and safely outside.
- Be proactive: someone who uses their initiative rather than having to be directed to carry out every task.
- Be flexible and a good team player, committed to cooperative working.
- Be a good role model for all pupils.
- Enjoy working with children
- Be reliable
The post involves supervising children during lunchtimes, encouraging healthy eating and appropriate behaviour, setting up and clearing away the dining facilities (including some lifting.)
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
This job post has expired.