6 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Musicjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week. Part time considered.
- MPS / UPS
What skills and experience we're looking for
Outwood Academy Brumby seeks applications from outstanding applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role.
We are looking to appoint a teacher of Music to assume responsibility for key groups of students including examination groups. The post is a key appointment in terms of enhancing and ensuring the positive life chances for our students through success and achievement.
The successful candidate will be a qualified outstanding teacher to teach Music at Key Stages 3 and 4 and will enjoy the demands of teaching in a school where music education is valued.Enthusiasm commitment and flexibility as well as excellent organisational skills and an ability to promote effective teaching and learning.
Being part of Outwood Grange Academies Trust means that all staff have access to excellent opportunities for professional development at all levels, with scope to build a career across a range of schools. There is an opportunity for subject specific CPD and in school support to ensure that quality teaching and learning leads to outstanding outcomes for all students. We believe that all teaching and support staff posts at our Academy are key posts in terms of supporting student success and achievement across a broad range of subjects and experiences.
As such we are keen to recruit a dedicated and ambitious professional who will add value to our Academy in both academic terms and through involvement in the fabric of learning and success beyond the classroom.
What the school offers its staff
Outwood Grange Academies Trust supports colleagues by funding an extensive range of accredited training courses and apprenticeship opportunities up to Masters level. We also offer:
- Your starting salary plus annual inflation linked increases. The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
- We follow the principles of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- You will be automatically enrolled into the generous Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Pay progression happens automatically on the anniversary of the target period appropriate to your role
- Flexible family friendly policies from day one
- We have our own Workload Charter and are committed to ensuring that Teachers’ workloads are manageable
- All teachers receive an allotted minimum of two hours CPD each week
- Access to centralised resources to support with lesson planning and reducing workload
- Comprehensive induction and training process
You will also be automatically enrolled into our Employee Assistance Programme which gives you and your family members free access to:
- Specialist information on a wide range of work-life issues
- Emotional support and counselling for a wide range of personal and work issues
- Legal guidance
- Financial guidance and debt counselling
- Child and dependent care support and advice
- Support for managers
Further details about the role
This vacancy is being managed by our Recruitment Partner at Hays.
Hays Contact: Julia Peat
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Outwood Academy Brumby
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 789 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Outwood Academy Brumby website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Outwood Academy Brumby is an 11 – 16 comprehensive school occupying a modern building in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. It is within easy reach of Lincoln, Grimsby, the east of Doncaster and the motorway network. Our latest Ofsted judgement is Good with Outstanding Leadership. If you care about the success of your students and colleagues, and have the energy and determination to make that success a reality, we would welcome your application.
Arranging a visit to Outwood Academy Brumby
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Ryecroft Road, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN6 9AS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Scunthorpe and North Lincolnshire