NQT Position (All Subjects)
The Totteridge Academy, London
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 2, £29,772 to £31,307|
We are looking for exceptional NQTs to join our team. If you are an outstanding trainee teacher who would relish the chance to make your mark in a school that has already made a huge transformation and continues to do so, this is the perfect role for you.
This position provides the ideal opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic teacher with vision to help shape an ethos of care, respect, high achievement and challenge. A recent Ofsted inspection in April 2019, graded the school as ‘Good’ overall with ‘Outstanding’ behaviour and leadership. Over the last three years, we have achieved:
• A phenomenal increase in exam results from 39% to 76% of students gaining 5+ good passes including English and Maths
• A Progress 8 score improvement from -0.45 to +0.6
• A 150% increase in student numbers enrolling in Year 7, from 72 to 180
We are confident and excited about being the most improved school in London by 2021.
We are looking for NQTs in all subjects and you will receive wrap-around support as you continue to develop your practice. Additionally, the senior and middle leadership teams at The Totteridge Academy strongly believe in giving autonomy to our teachers and are always open to creative and innovative ideas.
At The Totteridge Academy we believe that the best teachers and leaders are continuously striving to improve through our belief in the principle of ‘kaizen’ (continuous improvement). We are committed to developing our people and, as part of the largest group of academies and independent schools in the country, United Learning, we offer unrivalled professional development and career progression.
This is an exciting time to join The Totteridge Academy; if you share our high expectations and are passionate about making a difference, we look forward to receiving your application.
Essential educational requirements
A degree or equivalent qualification
Essential skills and experience
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner with an understanding of good teaching and how children learn.
• Is able to evidence improving teaching and learning in current role and results which reflect this.
• Has Qualified Teacher Status.
• Demonstrates high level of professionalism at all times and is a role model for others.
• Is able to communicate effectively and positively with all stakeholders.
• Is committed to working as a member of a dynamic team.
• Is able to help develop high quality schemes of learning incorporating the use of thinking skills.
• Is willing to undertake further, relevant training and to pass those skills on to other members of staff, as appropriate.
• Is committed to obtaining the highest standards of achievement, and a belief that enjoyable learning is the most effective learning.
• Is committed to the Academies strategic commitment, purpose and intent.
In return we are offering a highly attractive salary, along with the benefits of being part of United Learning, opportunities to share good practice and collaborate with colleagues across every phase of education.More on how to apply
|School size||572 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Totteridge Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About The Totteridge Academy
Barnet Lane, London, N20 8AZ