Witney Community Primary School Nursery has an exciting opportunity for a part time, term time only, Nursery Assistant to join our Team for approx 20 to 24 hours per week worked every day. This contract may increase in hours as the nursery increases intake during the year.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to join a friendly team at our well-respected School in Witney.
You will be made to feel very welcome from day one as you join our community of like-minded Teachers and support staff, wonderful children and supportive parents and carers.
We are looking for someone with a full and relevant level 2 qualification in early years’ provision. We support staff financially to undertake their level 3 qualification in Early Years, if required. We want someone who exerts enthusiasm, embraces responsibility and who can make a difference to each and every one of the children they interact with every single day. A proactive, professional and ‘make a difference’ approach is essential for this role.
If you are looking for a nursery assistant role, working with a friendly and supportive team in a fantastic working environment in Witney - this role is for you……
The ideal person:
You will be able to:
- Plan and carry out activities in line with the requirements of the early years foundation stage (EYFS).
- Teach all areas of the foundation stage, which is focused on helping children to achieve early learning goals
- Be flexible and able to work on a part-time contract .
- Develop lesson plans and activity plans to motivate children and imaginatively using resources to help them learn in line with the ethos of our nursery.
- You will be required to record observations and summarise the children's achievements. Focus on optimum child development and preparation for a successful transition to primary school education.
You will have experience of:
· Knowledge and Understanding relevant to the position - essential
· Good understanding of best practice in teaching and learning, particularly as it relates to achieving high rates of progress for children of primary age - essential
· Good subject knowledge of the three Prime areas and the 4 Specific areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
· Understanding of effective strategies for maintaining high standards of discipline within the classroom and in accordance with the school’s policy - essential
· An understanding of equality of opportunity issues and how they can be addressed in schools - essential
And bring with you:
· NVQ Level 2 with ability and willingness to complete L3.
· Attitude and aptitude to make a significant contribution to our School ethos that promotes high achievement
· Drive to achieve results - a commitment to raising achievement
· Team player aptitude
· a respect and fondness for children;
· excellent communication skills;
· good listening skills;
· the capacity to learn quickly;
· excellent organisational skills;
· the ability to inspire and enthuse young children;
· energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, patience and a caring nature;
· ability to work independently, as well as being able to work in a team;
· a sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective.
In return you will:
- Receive a good hourly rate of £11.98 to £12.18 depending on experience.
- Term time only working
- Generous paid holidays and bank holidays
- Excellent Company Pension and benefits
- Continuing professional development
- Have the opportunity to work with a great team in a wonderfully supportive working environment
Education has the power to change lives, communities and society for the better. At RLT we believe that we can achieve more for our pupils, trainees, staff and communities by working together rather than alone. Schools in RLT are united by a common belief in the benefits of working together, and by our commitment to shared principles.
OUR VISION is for our schools and SCITT to improve rapidly, continuously and sustainably: to be better faster together.
OUR ‘WHY?’ is that children and young people ‘only get one go’ in school and therefore as part of RLT we aim to ensure the best possible ‘go’ for our pupils.
OUR ‘HOW? ’ is through the highest support and challenge for our schools and each other, underpinned by our principles.
Our employees benefit from a wide variety of support including extensive continuing professional learning and development opportunities, wellbeing and staff networks and access to Defined Benefit Pension Schemes (TPS and LGPS) for all staff. For more information on what it is like to work for the Trust, and the benefits you could access, please see our “Working in RLT” guide.
This role includes regulated activity relevant to children.
The deadline for applications is 26th November 2023. Applications should be submitted via our recruitment portal MyNewTerm. Should you wish for a confidential conversation with The Nursery Manager, about the role, prior to application, then please email email@example.com.
The River Learning Trust and Witney Community Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism. The Trust is required to conduct a variety of checks and online searches about you as part of their recruitment process in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. It is an offence to apply for certain roles within schools if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
For all RLT Safer Recruitment Documentation candidates should click on the following link RLT Safer Recruitment Documents for Candidates. Please see our website for up to date policies including our Child Protection and Behaviour Policies. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. For further guidance for applicants click on this linkList of offences that are not filtered
This job post has expired.