● Experience of delivering Engineering or similar at KS5/4 (D&T – RM, mechanical/electrical principles, Systems and Control)
● Track record of successful examination outcomes
● Excellent teaching practitioner
● Delivering workshop activities with KS4 students
● Ability to plan learning that meets the different needs of students including the most and least able and those with SEND
● Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of students
● High expectations for young people
● Optimistic and enthusiastic
● Team player
● Professional manner
● High personal standards of literacy and numeracy
● Keen to work with local employers
● Determination to ensure that UTCN is the top provider of its type in the country
UTCN exists to develop the next
generation of engineers and science professionals and, with a fabulous £10m
building and £1.3m of specialist equipment, that’s exactly what we have
achieved. We have been open seven years
and we are already one of the top performing UTCs in the country. We have a
specialism in engineering, but we also cater for 14-19 age students with
interests in Science, Computing and Mathematics. UTCN is heavily oversubscribed
for 2022 entry and was graded ‘Good’ across all areas by OFSTED in May 2019.
The Engineering Department at UTCN is
extremely well resourced: we have a suite of manual lathes and milling
machines, 3D printers, laser cutter, Hass CNC machines, welding equipment,
virtual welders, and an F1 in Schools test track, to list but a small selection.
The Engineering Department currently has 5 teaching staff, 1 Learning Support
Assistant and 1 technician. As student numbers grow, we anticipate that
staffing in this area will increase further. The department staff have a wide
range of teaching and industrial backgrounds which provides a team of
experienced, hardworking and supportive colleagues. This role requires the
candidate to teach GCSE or A level Mathematics.
This job post has expired.