- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider part time, term time
19.5 hours per week - 3 days (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday)
- Contract type
- Fixed term (To cover maternity leave for up to one year or return of the post holder whichever is the sooner)
PART TIME TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Secondary – Temporary (maternity cover) – Part Time (3 days/week Mon, Tues, Thur) - MPS/UPR - Start: January 2022
We are seeking a well-qualified, ambitious and committed Teacher of English who is capable of teaching across the full ability range, to join a thriving department in a high performing 4 -18 school.
Applications from recently qualified (NQT) colleagues are welcome.
This is an opportunity to join an outstanding Department with career development opportunities.
- ‘World Class Schools’ Quality Mark
- A Leading Edge school ‘… that is all about its students’ (Ofsted)
- Over 160 students studying English in Sixth Form of 500+
- Ranked second in Leeds for APS Post 16
- 74% of pupils achieved 9 – 4 (a standard pass) in both English and mathematics GCSEs
- Excellent professional development / Teaching School Alliance Partner
- Most over-subscribed school in Leeds for the last 17 years
- 'An outstanding Sixth Form' Ofsted
- The largest school sixth form in Leeds (500+)
- 'Staff training is excellent' Ofsted
- National Support School and Red Kite Teaching School Alliance strategic partner
- 'Behaviour for learning across the entire school is outstanding' Ofsted
Application Deadline: Monday 11th October 2021
We encourage early applications and reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce, which reflects the population of Leeds.
For further details, an application pack and to apply online, please visit www.roundhayschool.org.uk
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 18
- Education phase
- Primary, Middle, Secondary, 16-19
- School size
- 2414 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 18
About Roundhay School
Roundhay School is proud, as a truly comprehensive school reflecting the cosmopolitan make up of Leeds, to have been recognised by Ofsted as an 'outstanding school' which is 'all about its students' and where 'staff ensure that each one, regardless of background or ability, is given every opportunity to shine'.
“Roundhay School is all about its pupils and we will do ‘whatever it takes’ to ensure that each one reaches their potential. We will never put limits on what our pupils can achieve, regardless of background or circumstance. Our focus is on developing character, instilling confidence and a love of learning whist teaching the importance of kindness, manners and respect. We want all our pupils to make a positive contribution to school life, continuing to learn and develop for the rest of their lives.
We are responsible. We are resilient. We are ready to learn. We are Roundhay.”
Arranging a visit to Roundhay School
Roundhay School is in the very fortunate position to receive an excellent number of applications for advertised roles. For this reason, and under normal circumstances, we do not usually arrange school visits for potential candidates.
We prefer to protect the workload of our staff and allow them to focus on their role.
Instead, we prefer to include a full tour of the working school as part of the interview process. This allows candidates shortlisted for interview to experience a full and thorough tour of the working school. It also provides an opportunity to meet the pupils and interact with members of Department and wider school, including the Leadership Team.