Part-time Teacher of Music 0.6 FTE (Maternity Cover)
Wallington County Grammar School, Wallington, Surrey
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £28,355 to £44,541 per year (full-time equivalent)|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or those considering entering the profession through routes such as Teacher Apprenticeships.
If you are passionate about teaching your subject this is an opportunity to share your knowledge with selective students who demonstrate high levels of commitment to their academic studies at a school in the top 10% in the country for attainment/progress, and become part of a highly skilled and cohesive team of teachers and support staff.
The key foci of this role within the Department will be to:
⮚ Teach engaging and challenging Music lessons in KS3, KS4 and KS5.
⮚ Develop and plan curriculum changes in KS3, KS4 and KS5.
⮚ Support the Subject Leader with annual music events.
⮚ Run extra-curricular clubs weekly.
Advantages of joining our exceptional team of staff include:
● working with highly intelligent and committed young men and women;
● the ability to teach your subject to the highest possible levels in secondary education, preparing students for undergraduate study at the best universities in the world;
● access to a Charter Marked CPD programme (Silver Status) that includes nine INSET days a year and a commitment to subject specific professional learning;
● a leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park with outer London pay and easy access to both central London and the Surrey countryside;
● a superb graduate programme through Teacher Apprenticeship and Schools Direct routes;
● a close affiliation with the Institute for Education with the School leading local provision of the National Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership as well as leading the Borough’s English and Science School Centred Teacher Training;
● amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff; onsite parking; Ride to Work Scheme; Employee Assistance Programme and a School gym.
● a firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
|School size||1097 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Wallington County Grammar School website (opens in a new window)|
About Wallington County Grammar School
Wallington County Grammar School is one of the most successful schools in the country. Our motto is Per Ardua ad Summa, Through Difficulties to the Heights, which our exceptional students exemplify each and every day. Their success and that of our staff has been recognised by Ofsted, grading the school ‘outstanding’ in all areas, and more recently by the Secretary of State for Education who presented the school with the 2019 Evening Standard Award for School Achievement. This success is born from a strong set of values centred around compassion for one another, commitment to all we do, courage in facing life’s many challenges and creativity to succeed in a global 21st century society. We are a highly selective school, admitting 150 young men from across London and the South East into Year 7 and admitting young women into the Sixth Form. We have a well balanced, academic curriculum centred around developing scholarship and creativity which, when combined with innovative and forward thinking pedagogy, makes Wallington County Grammar School an extremely stimulating place to work.
Croydon Road, Wallington, Surrey, SM6 7PH