This job expired on 16 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
16 February 2023 at 9am
3 February 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Term Time Only
Full-time equivalent salary
- GR4 - Between £30,151 - £37,261 per year, pro-rata'd for TTO
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint a Pastoral Manager to:
- Support pupils in their academic, emotional and pastoral needs, promoting positive behaviour and attitudes to learning within the school.
- Work the Senior Leadership Team and Head of Year in improving, monitoring and evaluating pastoral strategies.
- Liaise with school staff, pupils and parents to deal with issues when appropriate and refer to other staff for action.
- Support the Pastoral Team with responsibility for all aspects of safeguarding, pastoral care and wellbeing of the pupils.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and organised individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with fellow staff members, pupils and outside agencies in supporting the pastoral needs of our pupils. You will work as part of the Pastoral Team improving monitoring and evaluating pastoral strategies. We are looking for someone to set an example of personal integrity and professionalism, a person who values education and the role it plays in supporting pupils to behave consistently well and demonstrate positive attitudes to their learning. Previous experience within a similar role working in a school environment would be beneficial but not essential.
What the school offers its staff
In addition to being part of our welcoming and supporting Pastoral Team, our school offers:
- Continuing Professional Development: All our staff have access to a wide range of CPD and training opportunities, including access to The National College online CPD platform.
- Pension: Highly rated local government pension scheme.
- Wellbeing: We care deeply about the wellbeing of our staff. We have termly health and wellbeing events, a school workload committee and occupational health support available.
- Employee Assistance Programme: A free, confidential and independent service, available for staff to access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Services include counselling, as well as financial and legal support for matrimony, housing, consumer, boundary disputes, debt management and more.
- Flexible Working: We endeavour to support flexible working and family-friendly policies, including job sharing.
- Cycle-to-Work: The cycle-to-work scheme allows staff to obtain commuter bikes and cycling accessories, spreading the cost over 12 months and making unbeatable savings through a tax break.
- Staff Discounts: Includes subsidised travel passes and access to an employee website offering discounts and cash back on hundreds of retailers, called My Rewards.
- Quality of Life: Birmingham has been voted one of the best places to live in the UK with 25% of our residents below the age of 30 we are a young and vibrant city. Hosting the National Exhibition Centre, Grand Central, the Library of Birmingham, as well as museums and art galleries, hotels, shops, restaurants/cafes and many other places for you to visit and enjoy.
Further details about the role
Full details of the role can be found in the Applicant Information Pack.
Informal inquiries should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are expected to be held on Tuesday 28 February 2023.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Selly Park Girls' School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 763 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Selly Park Girls' School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Selly Park Girls’ School is a high performing 11-16 school in the south of Birmingham with a proven record of GCSE success. We are a school where we put students at the centre. We want every student to be kind to others, aspirational and ambitious in what they can achieve. We want to ensure that our students can reach their potential in a supportive, inclusive and nurturing environment. This is reflected in our four pillars school ethos. We attract staff who are committed to making a difference in the lives of our pupils. From teachers, governors and senior leaders to administrators and support staff. Everyone has a role to play in the success of the school.
Arranging a visit to Selly Park Girls' School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
King Edward VI School
Upper St John Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 9EE
Meadow Park School
Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
Willenhall E-ACT Academy
Furzebank Way, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV12 4BD
St Peter's Collegiate Academy
Compton Park, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV3 9DU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands