Pastoral Support Officer
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and hard-working colleague to join our excellent pastoral team in the role of Pastoral Support. The main focus of the role would be within main school, from 11-16 years of age, but could include supporting the Sixth Form Pastoral Team as appropriate.
This is a non-teaching role as a key member of our pastoral team. As this is a new role at QEGS, the nature of the work will be flexible and determined by demand, in the first instance. The successful applicant will work closely with students across the school, providing pastoral care. The role will involve supporting individual pupils in their personal development and academic progress, including social and emotional learning and helping to find ways to address underlying causes of any concerning or challenging behaviour.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Deadline for all applications: 9am, Monday 9th September
You must complete an application form to apply for this post - CV's will not be accepted.
Application packs are available via our website www.qegs.cumbria.sch.uk or from the Head’s PA, Mrs Caroline Richards firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please contact the Head's PA should you require a Word version of the application form.
Essential educational requirements
Education to include at least strong grades at GCSE in English and maths. Qualifications to A Level and beyond would be an advantage.
Impeccable administrative and organisational abilities and an efficient demeanour.
Essential skills and experience
1. A belief in the importance of personal development
2. Experience working with KS3 and/or KS4 young people would be an advantage.
3. An understanding of positive behaviour management strategies.
4. Impeccable administrative and organisational abilities and an efficient demeanour.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Capacity to work independently but also as part of a team.
7. Good IT skills.
8. Strong personal qualities including patience, determination and flexibility
9. An ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritise tasks
10. Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality in keeping with academy policies and legal requirements.
11. Mental health and safeguarding training desirable.
About Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Penrith
- Ullswater Road, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7EG
- Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Penrith website (opens in a new window)