- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Grade 4 SCP 7 £20,092 pro rata
Permanent Teaching Assistant, Level 3 job summary
The governors of Gleadless Primary School are seeking to appoint two committed, ambitious and enthusiastic Teaching Assistants to work at our school. The successful candidates will have the flexibility and skills to work across our school setting. We are looking for a skilled and committed team player who can work closely with colleagues to support excellent outcomes for children and establish secure and positive relationships with every child.
The post-holders will have experience of working with groups of children as well as individuals across a wide range of abilities to ensure good progress in all areas. They will also have experience of working with those with social interaction and communication difficulties.
The successful candidate will also cover whole classes occasionally during the short-term absence of teachers, when the primary focus will be to maintain good order and to keep pupils on task.
The Teaching Assistants at Gleadless are excellent, and as a member of our permanent TA team, you will be:
- Excellent at building positive and caring relationships with children
- Able to respond positively to the needs of all learners, including those with SEND
- Confident liaising with teachers to plan activities to support pupils’ learning, and providing constructive feedback on their progress
- Able to record progress and achievement systematically, providing evidence of range and level of progress and attainment
- Able to ensure learning is motivating and matched to the needs of the learner
- Able to secure positive social and emotional learning opportunities, tailored to meet the needs of all learners
- Able to secure high self-esteem in learners
- Able to instil confidence in parents and communicate well
- Keen to engage in further professional development to improve provision for children
We are looking for individuals who have:
• NVQ 3 for teaching assistants or equivalent qualifications or experience
• Recent experience of KS1/2 in schools essential
• Very good literacy/numeracy skills
• SEN experience essential
This job post has expired.
About Gleadless Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 435 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
We are a two form entry school situated on a large and attractive site to the south east of Sheffield. There is a strong sense of team at Gleadless and we can offer you
We can offer you:
- A very friendly and mutually supportive place to learn and work
- The chance to have a real impact, making a positive difference to our children’s lives and attainment
- A professional and committed staff and governor team with a positive attitude: passionate about giving our children and families the best education
- A supportive community who want the best for their children
- Enthusiastic learners who deserve only the best!
- Regular, high quality professional development opportunities
Arranging a visit to Gleadless Primary School
Please contact school to arrange a visit, using the contact details above.