We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic PA to the Headteacher to be part of the team here at Parkwood E-ACT Academy, the successful candidate will provide confidential and highly professional support to the Headteacher. To act as an ambassador for the Academy and the Headteacher in all matters & to manage the office and team.
- To provide a high standard of secretarial and administrative support to the Headteacher, enabling him to operate in a highly efficient manner.
- To use own initiative to prioritise the Headteacher’s workload and divert tasks to / from their attention
- To adopt and coordinate designated administrative processes to support the Headteacher and leadership team.
- To ensure that rigorous systems are in place in order to provide a high standard of secretarial, administrative and management support and to assist in the smooth running of all Academy activities.
- To set up and maintain efficient and effective systems for filing and organising correspondence
- To attend executive leadership meetings and record and circulate accurate minutes
- To produce letters, reports and documents, including confidential papers on behalf of the Headteacher
General Management and Administration:
- To oversee the production of correspondence, reports and newsletters by other administrative staff
- To ensure that all enquiries and correspondence are dealt with promptly and effectively, in a manner that promotes a positive image of the academy
- To make maximum use of ICT for all administrative tasks, including the network for diary management and the effective management of relevant databases
- To undertake training and development relevant to the post and in line with the academy’s priorities
- To undertake any other duties as directed by the Headteacher
For further details of the post please see the Job Description and Person Specification
In return the trust offers:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
Salary SCP 25 - 31 £28,162 - £32,771(FTE £32,020 - £37,261) based on 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
E-ACT Parkwood Academy
A forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community
This job post has expired.