Early years, Humanities
MPS/UPS (Inner London) plus TLR2a
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher and creative leader to join our evolving team and be fundamental in shaping our all-through school. You will lead the strategic direction and development of an inspiring, cohesive, curriculum which will excite and prepare pupils for the next phase in their learning journey.
- Full time
- School visits for prospective applicants are welcomed please call the School on 0208 764 1825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline is 9am on Tuesday, 19th January 2021
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training. You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
Why should you come to work for us?
• we have fantastic children and families (many schools say that, but we really do);
More on how to apply
• half-price wrap around care if your child/ren attend Kids’ City after school club provision
(either at Woodmansterne or another school);
• we have amazing new buildings with two fantastic libraries, dedicated ICT suites,
specialist food rooms, science labs, music provision and well-resourced, ICT rich learning
spaces and a huge playing field;
• our exciting, enriched, curriculum is pupil-centred aimed at capturing every child’s full
• we are committed to staff well-being alongside professional and career development and
have a well-being committee who arrange book clubs, exercise classes and well-being
• we have a cohesive, friendly, highly-skilled and passionate staff body, who are completely
committed to Woodmansterne’s values and ethos;
• access to Cyclesheme;
• free refreshments in our wonderful spacious staffrooms and work areas;
• delicious food cooked by our Chefs in Schools team at affordable prices;
• the uniqueness of our all-through provision means exciting opportunities for cross-phase
• we have strong partnerships with families, the local community, other Lambeth schools and
Local authority maintained school
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
1074 pupils enrolled
3 to 18
About Woodmansterne School
Working at Woodmansterne is never dull. Creative ideas are listened to and considered and challenge is encouraged. Staff here are keen and confident to go the extra mile, knowing that their input is valued and respected. Woodmansterne is a special place, ask anyone who has walked through our doors, the learning environment is calm and enriched; pupils, staff and parents are happy.
Our goal is simple, to ‘achieve excellence together’, we do this by supporting each other and a relentless focus on inspiring our young people (and each other) to be the very best version of themselves that they can be. Woodmansterne has a diverse and vibrant community and as a school we benefit from this rich variety of cultures and traditions .
Working closely across phases has ensured cohesion between staff, a greater understanding of effective transition and how children learn and flourish. Our children aged 3 to 14 have been able to share experiences and develop a strong and united voice. It has been a pioneering journey, one that we have embraced as a community, we have learnt from each other, risen to challenges and overcome obstacles together.
As we move to the next stage of our development we intend to protect and the uniqueness of our cross phase community and all-through provision. Working closely with our families and the wider community is something we are passionate about, we have links with the local food bank, run a community fridge, host community events for local elderly residents and in the future will be sharing our wonderful new facilities with the local community.
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training.
You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
Prospective applicants are always welcome to come and visit, please contact the Vicki Mitchell via The School Office to arrange a tour, or email: email@example.com
Arranging a visit to Woodmansterne School
Please contact the school via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (02087641825) to arrange a school visit.
Woodmansterne Road, London, SW16 5UQ