- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider full-time, part-time
- Contract type
- £25,714 - £41,604 (The salary will be dependent on experience but will follow either the Main scale or Upper pay range)
Permanent or full time considered.
Opportunity for TLR for a candidate with the relevant experience or for an aspiring physics lead to develop into the role, to start as soon as possible
Based at John Ferneley College, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
The salary will be dependent on experience but will follow either the Main scale or Upper pay range.
The post is also suitable for ECTs, and we welcome your application.
Closing Date: Sunday 19th September 2021
Interviews will take place w/c 27th September 2021
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic qualified Physics teacher to join our successful Science Department here at John Ferneley College. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly supportive and extremely successful Science team. There will also be the opportunity of a TLR for a candidate with the relevant experience or for an aspiring physics lead to develop into the role.
Joining our Science team, you will have responsibility for teaching your specialist science at GCSE level and all 3 sciences at KS3 targeting high quality learning across all year groups. We teach AQA Combined (Trilogy) and Triple science as an option. We are heavily committed to subject specific CPD and are currently actively engaged in numerous CPD programmes. As part of a closely collaborating Trust there are opportunities for the team to extend their practice into other whole Trust areas.
If you have passion and talent for Physics and want to work hard to ignite this in our young people, then you will fit right into our friendly team.
How does our curriculum work?
• as a vehicle to improving social mobility for the town of Melton Mowbray
• regardless of starting points, all students access an aspirational and knowledge-rich curriculum
• all students study Humanities to GCSE and the vast majority will study a language over their 5 secondary years
• in addition to core curriculum, students are offered a wide range of option subjects
• we have a clear focus on transition between primary and secondary (as part of our Trust)
• we are highly committed to offering all students the opportunity to take part in a wide range of enrichment activities, through sport, performance and outdoor and adventurous activities
Working with us will give you:
• an opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic team with a ‘can do’ attitude to securing life chances for children
• an environment with moral purpose at its heart
• an invitation to work with primary feeder schools
• a climate that takes seriously the wellbeing of its very much valued teaching team
• a comprehensive wellbeing package of benefits
• a sensible approach to teacher workload
• an opportunity to indulge in your subject specialisms and passion for teaching
• opportunities to develop your career within our growing Trust
• opportunities to extend your experience across a range of academic settings
• 1:1 support in strategic career planning
• a culture that takes work life balance extremely seriously – including sensible approaches to marking and feedback
• a personalised CPD programme to help you achieve all you’re capable of
• high expectations for all students
• high aspirations for all stakeholders
Opportunity for TLR for a candidate with the relevant experience or for an aspiring physics lead to develop into the role
Applying for the job
To apply for this role, please complete the attached application form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our Trust and schools and to apply for this role, please visit our website at: www.mowbrayeducation.org and www.johnferneley.org/
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 1189 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About John Ferneley College
John Ferneley College is a 11-16 secondary academy and part of the Mowbray Education Trust.
Located in the beautiful rural market town of Melton Mowbray, we serve around 1150 students from within Melton Mowbray and beyond.
Arranging a visit to John Ferneley College
If you are keen to find out more, then please contact Mrs N Teece (Head of School) on: email@example.com to arrange for an informal chat or visit to the college.