We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible individual to support and deliver:
- PPA cover to plan clear teaching objectives, content, lesson structures and sequences appropriate to the subject matter and the pupils being taught. Record and assess pupils work whilst covering for teachers’ PPA allocated absence.
- To supervise whole classes during the unplanned/ unexpected short-term absence of the class teacher under the guidance of senior staff. Including implementing work programmes, managing pupil behaviours, and assisting pupils in relevant activities in line with the school’s policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting and assisting PMLD/SLD/ASD pupils and will be a collaborative worker. The successful post holder will be educated to a degree standard.
The Trust is committed to providing continuous professional development for all staff and will endeavour to offer a supportive, motivating, and engaging working environment. We also offer sector competitive pay, a 24/7 employee support helpline, access to FET HUB – our rewards and wellbeing platform, as well as working with a supportive team in a friendly and inclusive working environment.
Forward Education Trust is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality staff. To do this, we have an Employee Value Proposition offering a range of benefits to help our staff on a personal and professional level, which includes:
- Teacher Pension or Support Staff Local Government Pension – Employer Contribution
- FET HUB – information all in one place, access to a range of benefits
- Paid for Health Cash Plan – employee and dependent children benefit – option to add partner
- Employee Questionnaire – Consultation with staff on a range of issues and ideas
- Salary sacrifice scheme – Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to the NHS approved Thrive App – to support mental health & well-being
- Comprehensive induction and probation support and an ongoing performance management & appraisal system
- Easy purchase scheme (salary deduction) – Smart Tech in association with Currys
- Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme – free, totally confidential advice, with face-to-face consultations
- Personal & professional learning & development – including FLICK online learning and other resources
- Access to discounts and offers from Reward Gateway and MyPerks
- Occupational Health Service – accessible to support the needs of individual staff
- Staff recognition – e-cards to celebrate success among colleagues
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Policies being developed to support positive health & well-being:Family Friendly Working, Special Leave of Absence, Flexible Working, Menopause
- Staff recognition – awards throughout the year, in line with Trust behaviours and values
- A commitment to develop new ideas to show we really value what you do for our children
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.