Pre -School Apprentice
Enderby Danemill Primary School
Apprenticeship Rate - £5.28
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Fixed term for 18 months until the end of apprenticeship.
Monday to Friday
Enderby Danemill Primary School are seeking to recruit a highly organised, empathetic and
enthusiastic Pre-School Apprentice to work within our Pre-School setting, supporting the
Why Enderby Danemill Primary School?
At Danemill we
believe that a happy child is a child who will enjoy learning in a positive, inclusive
and fun environment. Our aim is to ensure that each and every child fulfils
their potential and is ready for the next stage in their education. Our key
learning values are woven throughout our curriculum, curiosity, communication,
reflection, resilience, motivation, creativity, collaboration and bravery.
- Emphasis is placed on the development of every child's
self-esteem and independence, and they are strongly encouraged to be kind and
caring to one another in a positive and nurturing environment. Children work
and play together in a happy, relaxed and positive atmosphere in which
encouragement abounds and the surroundings are colourful, attractive and
- All our activities are designed to cover multiple areas of
the curriculum at any one time to ensure each child has the opportunity to
achieve in and access all areas of learning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- To work under the direct supervision of the Pre-School Manager to carry out planned learning activities with small groups or individual pupils, providing feedback on their engagement in activities and their achievement of the desired learning objectives.
- To help set up the playroom/s for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session, ensuring that all toys and equipment are always clean and safe.
- To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment in line with planned learning activities
- Under the guidance of the Pre-School Manager -teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation
We are looking for someone who has:
- Good level of literacy and numeracy.
- Level 2 in English or Maths
- Experience of completing basic administrative tasks
- Ability to work with children in a learning environment
- Empathy with children
Please refer to the Job Description and Person
Specification attached to support with your application.
What we offer:
for continuous professional development in the role
to visit other organisations for professional learning
committed and motivated Team
- A role
which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car
incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined
benefit pension scheme
Assistance Programme - EAP
- Cycle to
- Be an
integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Create an
outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a
significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part
of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
opportunities for personal and career development
established Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
More about Discovery Schools Trust:
Discovery Schools Trust is dedicated to improving learning
and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all
children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the
school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence are shared through
learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading
practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement
system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places
staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of
achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made
earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications
promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position
but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We
appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
Safeguarding Statement: We are committed to safeguarding
our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced
Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.