Primary Assistant Principal
Ark John Keats Academy, London, EN3 5PA
This job expired on 14 October 2022
Start date details
14 October 2022 at 9am
4 October 2022
About Ark John Keats Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 3 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1795 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ark John Keats Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Ark John Keats was founded in 2013 with one class of reception children. We are now a fully-fledged all-through school, running from nursery to year 13, with over 1800 children. Our school is oversubscribed, with a waiting list for every year group. Our community is composed of supportive and committed families who buy into our vision and work with us to ensure their children achieve all they are capable of in the future.
We know that a knowledge-based curriculum is the most efficient and effective way to enable our children to be knowledgeable, articulate, curious, and able to access the next stage of their development. We aspire for all our children to have the academic knowledge necessary to enable them to progress to university, for pupils to have a love of learning and curiosity about the world, and for them to be polite, well-mannered young people who take responsibility for their choices and drive their own destinies.
Ark John Keats is part of Ark Schools, a hugely successful network serving pupils from deprived communities. Our network shares a belief in our six pillars:
1. High expectations: Every adult who works at AJK believes in the limitless potential of all children.
2. Excellent teaching: Subject specialists plan lessons which make pupils work hard and think deeply about the subject, fostering their curiosity and love of learning.
3. Exemplary behaviour: The AJK community is one of politeness, gratitude and service, where pupils take responsibility for their choices and want to behave impeccably.
4. Depth for breadth: An academic curriculum, rich in powerful knowledge, opens up opportunities for our children for the rest of their lives.
5. Knowing every child: A culture of respect and kindness, combined with proactive work with families, leads to positive relationships which unlock learning capabilities.
6. Always learning: Our culture of continuous improvement is supported by a research-driven programme of development and a spirit of collaboration.
At Ark John Keats, we believe in rigour – our curriculum is full of challenge, and we know that our children are intellectually resilient and capable of learning lots in every subject no matter what their starting point.
We believe in exemplary behaviour – we have sky high standards and support all children to reach these, by focusing on developing pupils’ self-regulation, explicitly teaching pupils how to behave, and by working closely with families.
We believe in the limitless potential of all children – if children work hard, there are no limits to what they can achieve.
Benefits of working at our school:
At Ark John Keats, you will be joining a committed team of professionals. You will have ten days of CPD over the course of the year. We have a no-email policy after 6pm or at weekends to safeguard work/life balance for our team, and a free gratitude breakfast for all staff on Fridays to share our appreciation for each other.
Travelling by rail from central London: Our nearest overground station, Turkey Street, is a 10 minute walk from the school and stops at Seven Sisters, Stoke Newington and Hackney Downs on the way to Liverpool Street. National Rail services are also a 10 minute walk and stop at Tottenham Hale and Hackney Downs before finishing at Liverpool Street.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London