• Graduate with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (A/C)
• SENCO qualification, or commitment to undertake SENCO qualification within a set timeframe
from appointment (A/C/I)
• Knowledge of current educational practice and issues (A/I)
• An excellent classroom practitioner (I/R)
• Knowledge of the provisions of national strategies, i.e., Literacy, Numeracy, and ICT (A/I)
• Effective use of ICT to support learning (A/I)
• Statutory curriculum requirements and requirements for assessment, recording and reporting of
pupils’ attainment and progress (A/I)
• Knowledge of the current professional teaching standards (A/I)
Last updated: 31.03.2022
• Secure knowledge of SEN (A/I)
• Understanding of the statutory legislation concerning safeguarding including SEN (A/I)
• Understanding of The SEN Code of Practice and its practical application of strategies for meeting
the needs of SEN children (A/I)
• Awareness of the strategies available for improving the learning and achievement of all students
• Experience of teaching in the Primary phase (A/I/R)
• Experience of working with a wide range of SEN (A/I/R)
• Experience of planning and implementing provision for children with SEN including the
monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of children’s progress (A/I/R)
• High level of written, oral and communication skills (A/I)
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to a range of audiences (A/I/R)
• High level of organisational and planning skills (A/I/R)
• Evidence of sharing in and contributing to the corporate life of the school/academy (A/I/R)
• Work effectively as part of a team, relating well to colleagues, pupils, and parents (A/I/R)
• Ability to demonstrate a commitment to equality of opportunity for all pupils (A/I)
• Ability to investigate, solve problems and make decisions (A/I)
• Able to use own initiative and motive others (A/I/R)
Are you looking for a role that will enable you to influence and give direction to the children in your classes? Do you want to work for a Trust that is transforming educational outcomes for students in some of the most deprivedareas in the North of England? If so, this could be the role for you.
As Primary Teacher & SENCO you will be involved in the management of the Special Educational Needs
(SEN) provision and oversight of the day-to-day operation of these provisions with the aim of raising SEN pupil achievement. In addition, you will teach pupils across the full age and ability of Key Stage 1 & 2 to ensure the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development, and well-being.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an outstanding team within a high-performing multi academy trust with exciting career prospects for successful applicants.
We offer an extensive range of opportunities, incentives and benefits with this post including:
Financial– offeringunlimitedaccess to a huge range ofdiscountson holidays, days out, retailer and cashback deals inc. Curry’s, John Lewis, Tesco and B&Q to name but a few.
Lifestyle and Wellbeing– discounted & flexiblegymmemberships, eye care vouchers, cycle 2 work/Technology scheme,free annual flu jaband 24/7 access to a market leading Employee Assistance Programme providing expert information specialist advisors trained by Citizens Advice and access to professionally qualified counsellors accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Pension - excellentemployer/employee contributory pension scheme with the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS)
Personal and professional– we offer a range of training and development opportunities for you to grow and develop.
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Midgley-Wright
Family Safeguarding Officer: Mrs Sam Capon
Other members of the Safeguarding Team are:
Mrs Finn and Mrs Welbourne
As an Academy, our children's safety is our main priority.
Our school has a robust ethos of safeguarding at all levels. Our policy can be found on our academy website and any vacancies are appointed in-line with KCSIE guidance and Trust procedures.
Safeguarding children is everyone’s business.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.