Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Early years, KS1, KS2, Primary
MPS (Inner London) + £1,500 Harris Allowance
Inspire the next generation of pioneers at Harris Academy Tottenham.
We would like to appoint a dynamic and inspirational qualified primary teacher to join our outstanding team at Harris Academy Tottenham.
The main responsibilities of your role will be:
We will make a commitment to providing you with the highest quality CPD, both within the Academy and through the Harris Federation, to ensure that you are always at the forefront of teaching and learning innovation. We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
- To plan and prepare courses and lessons;
- To teach, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to you;
- To set and mark work to be carried out by the pupil in the Academy and elsewhere;
- To assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
The ideal candidate will have:
In selecting a teacher to join our team we will be looking for an aspirational person, able to be a key player in developing an exceptional academy: someone with the ability to help build the commitment of all stakeholders to a culture of constant excellence.
- Qualified Teacher Status (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree
- A proven track record of recent and successful class teaching in mixed ability classes of primary age.
- Successful experience of teaching the primary curriculum.
- Good understanding of current theory and best practice in teaching and learning, particularly as it relates to achieving high rates of progress of children of primary age.
- Good subject knowledge of core National Curriculum.
- Good understanding of child development and progression and how this impacts on planning.
- Understanding of effective strategies for managing behaviour within the classroom and in accordance with the school’s policy.
- An understanding of equal opportunity issues and how they can be addressed in schools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
Learn more About Harris and our Vision and Values
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Read our Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
Read our Diversity and Equality Notice
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package. Please visit the Harris careers website for further information.
Applying for the job
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Free School, ages 4 to 19
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
1016 pupils enrolled
4 to 19
About Harris Academy Tottenham
About Harris Academy Tottenham
Harris Academy Tottenham opened in September 2014. As an all-through school, it has begun with a Reception in its Primary phase and a Year 7 in its Secondary phase. These phases will grow by a year group each September until it reaches full capacity and it will also have a Sixth Form.
Our Academy is based on an ethos of excellence, encouraging students to fulfil our high expectations through a dedicated and committed approach. We combine the hallmarks of a traditional Secondary education with a progressive curriculum in our brand new facilities.
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we instil an ethos of hard work, dedication and commitment to learning, through our Academy values. These are:
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we are innovative, open and collaborative. We would like fellow innovators, passionate pedagogists and creative class leaders to join us during this exciting time. With a dedicated SLT team on hand for support and guidance, there are a multitude of CPD opportunities to thrive on. You can expect to be a part of a fantastic team of dedicated teachers and support staff as well as an attentive, supportive work culture.
- To ENDEAVOUR is to strive for your goals, through maintaining the highest expectations of ourselves.
- To ENJOY is to take delight and pleasure in the learning process; To gain a feeling of success through relentless passion and drive.
- To EXCEL is to achieve your full potential, through mastery of concepts and an ambition to be the best you can be.
Our brand-new facilities allow us to continue expanding our curriculum offer, ensuring students experiences are both varied and enriching. The premises has undergone a comprehensive programme of refurbishment, and reached completion in May 2019. Our new Sports Block opened in May 2019, and has fantastic facilities including a Sports Hall, Activity Studio, Multi Use Game Areas.
Having been recognised as ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED in June 2017, we are excited to have new members of staff join us in delivering transformative learning experiences. The inspectors commented that ‘learning is the business of the day’ and that sentiment underpins all that we do. Since then, the school continues to grow and strive for the highest standards.
“At our Academy, children will develop their academic scholarship alongside their character; becoming citizens who are a credit to their local community. We provide an extensive extracurricular programme to allow students to develop as a well-rounded person, ready and prepared to embark upon whichever pathway they desire. That is only possible through the partnership that exists between families and colleagues and partners at the academy. We are incredibly proud of the close relationships that develop between colleagues, parents, governors and pupils, and indeed they are central to all that we do.” Lawrence Foley, Principal
Why work at Harris Academy Tottenham?
- The opportunity to work a new and exciting academy, judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted
- A calm, well-disciplined yet positive and innovative learning environment
- Excellent prospects for future promotion
- A fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the best