Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS/UPS + SEN point
Springwell Leeds Academy
One permanent position at our South site, Middleton
One temporary contract covering maternity at our North site, Tinshill
Salary: MPS/UPS + SEN point
● Do you want to make a real difference to some of the most vulnerable students in the city?
● Work at a one of three new specialist SEMH provisions?
● Be part of the 45 million pound wider development of the academy across the city?
● Move away from the restrictions of a mainstream pathway?
● Have a passion for creative teaching and to be allowed the space to develop individuals with a more flexible curriculum than mainstream?
● Be part of a school recently judged as good in all areas by OFSTED?
We require exceptional teachers for our Primary zone, who are passionate about providing the best possible education and care for vulnerable students. Our North and South site are part of a three-site SEMH provision in the city, which together form one school. As such, you will have experienced teachers both on site and at others for collaboration and support.
We were inspected for the first time in 2019, being judged to be good in all areas. We are one school across three sites across the city, forming an all through special school from key stage 1 to key stage 4 - as such, there is great potential for both support, professional development and promotion. All of our sites operate in line with best practice in an SEMH provision; we have a nurturing curriculum model with significant investment in therapeutic and wrap around support for our students.
These positions would suit a teacher with a proven track record of exceptional practice, who is able to work with vulnerable pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). They would suit an individual who is passionate about making a real difference to students’ life chances and supporting them in achieving their potential in essential life skills, which is a high priority for Springwell Leeds. The ability to be creative and use imaginative flair to engage is essential, along with having resilience, drive and high expectations to inspire students to achieve. As we are a growing Academy there may be opportunities for further leadership development in the future.
Applying for the job
Please complete and return a Springwell Leeds application form to email@example.com
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.