Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
KS1, KS2, Primary
Inner London Main Pay Scale
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale
Required: September 2021
Contract/Duration: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: SE3 0XX, Blackheath, London Borough of Lewisham
We are looking for an enthusiastic Primary Teacher to join our Academy. This post is suitable for an NQT who would be joining a strong performing department with opportunities for mentoring and coaching from highly rated classroom practitioners.
Do you want to harness your passion for teaching to become an aspirational practitioner?
Are you excited to join a supportive and collaborative team?
Are you interested in ensuring that children realise their own full potential?
If yes, then we would like to offer you the opportunity to work with us at this exciting time on our journey to becoming a great school. The recent Ofsted inspection (Autumn 2019) judged the Academy to be ‘Good’ across all areas and recognised the improvements made in all aspects.
The successful candidate will be:
• Passionate about enabling every child to exceed expectations
• Self-reflective and dedicated to developing their own practice
• Have a genuine commitment to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves
• Well organised, an excellent communicator and keen to take an active role in academy life
• In sympathy with our Catholic ethos
• Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
• Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
• Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff including a highly rated IMPACT programme for Newly Qualified Teachers
• A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
• Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
• Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
• A strong commitment to staff well-being
We value the importance of diversity in our community and the significance of having staff that are representative of the children we teach. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are currently under represented within the Academy.
Our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
Applying for the job
Your application is a direct permanent application to St Matthew Academy.
To apply, please request an application form from Ellie Field at email@example.com or call Ellie on 0207 259 8770 for more information. Your application is a permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Closing: 3:00pm, Tuesday 20th April 2021
For more information about the Academy you can also visit www.stmatthewacademy.co.uk and our Twitter account https://twitter.com.stMattAcad
Academy, Roman Catholic
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
946 pupils enrolled
4 to 16
About St Matthew Academy
St Matthew Academy is a diverse, vibrant Catholic all-through academy for girls and boys aged 4 to 16, where there are high expectations for everyone in our community. At St Matthew Academy our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day at the academy by encouraging, promoting and celebrating success with all of our pupils in everything that they do. Our academy is situated between Blackheath and Lewisham in South East London, benefiting from excellent public transport and road links to all parts of London and Kent. Our magnificent buildings offer state of the art resources and the latest technology. Our primary and secondary phases are situated on one site allowing a truly unique all through setting with opportunities for transition, collegiate working and subject development.