Are you looking for a Headship in a Trust which understands the importance of knowledge in the development of our students and believes that developing pedagogy is a significant part of your job?
Essential educational requirements
QTS and a nationally recognised leadership certificate (i.e. NPQH, NPQEL)
Essential skills and experience
- Experience as a successful Head Teacher in a secondary school
- Clear evidence of successful management of whole school improvement strategies and effective school development planning
- Clear evidence of having raised standards of achievement in your current setting.
- Successful experience of curriculum leadership and development
- Successful management of monitoring and evaluation strategies of quality of teaching and learning, student outcomes, quality of provision and efficiency
- Experience of promoting equality and diversity, inclusion and appropriate strategies for children with special educational needs
- Successful management of OFSTED process
- Familiarity with the SIAMS inspection schedule and ability to achieve an excellent SIAMS inspection outcome
Personal and professional development opportunities
About Malcolm Arnold Academy
Malcolm Arnold Academy is a co-educational secondary school based in Northampton, Northamptonshire, for students aged 11-18. The school takes its name from the legendary composer Sir Malcolm Arnold. Born in Northampton in 1921, he was one of the leading figures in 20th-century classical music and helped to establish the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain.
- Trinity Avenue, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN2 6JW
- Malcolm Arnold Academy website (opens in a new window)