Product Design Teacher
Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls, Thornton Heath, Surrey
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £28,354,.04 to £44,540|
We are looking for a dynamic teacher of Design & Technology who is willing to teach across all the disciplines. The ability to teach Resistant Materials, Product Design and Graphic Products at Key Stage 3 and 4 and AS/A2 Product Design (AQA) is essential. In addition the ability to teach an additional subject at Key Stage 3, either Food Technology Textile Technology would be preferable.
We run a very successful DEC programme (Design, Engineering and Construct) and therefore the ability to teach or willingness to train in the subject would be advantageous.
Suitable candidates would have the ability or aptitude to use CAD/CAM – Laser Cutter &/ 3D Printer
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Degree or equivalent in Design and Technology or other appropriate subject.
• Evidence of further professional development
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Health and safety accreditation
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to teach the following Design and Technology subjects at Key Stage 3 and 4: Resistant Materials, Product Design and Graphic Products.
• Ability to teach AS/A2 Product Design (AQA)
Professional Knowledge and Abilities
• Able to use CAD/CAM in Design and Technology subjects.
• Able to create and produce innovative teaching materials for Design and Technology.
• Ability to Interpret and use data effectively to enhance teaching and learning within the department.
• Good ICT skills.
• Ability to effectively manage student behaviour in accordance with the school’s behaviour management policy and procedure
Head of Subject TLR available for candidates with suitable experience
Staff well being programme
New staff follow an established induction programme while more experienced staff are able to join our middle leadership and senior leadership training programmes. Many among our teaching staff choose to enrol in our school-based MA programme. Run in conjunction with St Mary's University.
The college is a member of PiXL and also part of the Change Through Learning Teaching School Alliance, a diverse yet cohesive collaboration of schools from the local area.
|School size||1158 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls website (opens in a new window)|
About Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls
Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls is an over-subscribed 11-18 girls’ school ranked in the top 10% of schools in the country. It is a unique community where all students and staff are valued as individuals. We draw strength from our diversity and take pride in our cultural richness and utilise both in preparing students to embrace their places in the local and global communities. We are dedicated to preparing students for the future – to developing confident, motivated and resilient independent learners. Norbury Manor students are encouraged to establish a strong sense of self-worth; they become articulate young adults who are both creative and enterprising.
Kensington Avenue, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 8BT