Progress Support Assistant (x2)
35 hours per week, term time plus 5 days (pro rata)
Grade 5/6 (dependant on experience)
Main Purpose of the Post:
• To assist in the planning, development and implementation of curriculum activities and to provide support to students.
• Assist in the development of schemes of work, including differentiation.
• Lead and implement intervention activities.
• Mentor students and provide pastoral, emotional and bereavement support.
• Liaise with external agencies and attend meetings when required.
• Promote good student behaviour throughout the Academy.
• Supervise students in groups and in one-to-one activities.
• Support Special Educational Needs (SEN) students and attain expected progress.
• Lead activities at lunchtime clubs.
• Undertake administrative tasks to support the Academy upon request.
Essential educational requirements
Minimum GCSE levels
Qualifications relating to job role.
Essential skills and experience
• Effective use of Progresso software.
• An in-depth knowledge and understanding in relation to specialist area of expertise, e.g. students with autism, SPLD, ADHD, SLCN.
• Knowledge of child development and personal development needs.
• Knowledge of the implications of common disabilities in children for teaching and learning at Academy and for the families of those students.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including tact for diplomacy, patience and flexibility.
• Basic physiotherapy skills.
• Basic knowledge of first aid.
• Able to work as part of a team and use own initiative.
• Efficient and effective organisation and prioritisation skills.
• Effective administration skills and previous experience working in a school environment.
• Effective IT skills and experience in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
• Able to work in a challenging environment and meet deadlines.
About Sirius Academy West
We are forward thinking, innovative and dynamic in our approach to teaching and learning. The Academy is a vibrant community that offers a wealth of opportunities for students and staff. Sirius Academy West is situated in a state-of-the-art £48m facility with a superb sports hall, dance studio, art terrace, super labs and transformational learning zones. If you seek a new challenge and want to be part of a first class team, come and join us.
- 296 Anlaby Park Road South, Hull, HU4 7JB
- Sirius Academy West website (opens in a new window)