Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £29,915 to £45,766
We are seeking to appoint a talented and inspirational Teacher of Psychology who will have the opportunity to join the Social Science Department in a successful and well-respected school with a large 6th Form.
The successful candidate will join a well-resourced and vibrant Social Science Department which is housed in its own teaching block with excellent facilities. This is a great opportunity to develop teaching skills within a friendly, well qualified and organised department which achieves excellent results. Social Sciences subjects have a large uptake at both GCSE and A Level. This post is suitable for an experienced Teacher or NQT.
Highams Park School is a highly successful and heavily oversubscribed local 11-18 comprehensive with approximately 1600 students on roll including approximately 400 in the 6th Form. In the most recent 2017 OFSTED inspection report the school was judged to be good. The school has an excellent reputation in the local area and students now enjoy the new 6th Form building which opened in September 2017. The school is a converter AcademyMore on how to apply
1501 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Highams Park School
To deliver excellent Psychology teaching and monitor progress
MAIN (CORE) DUTIES
Teaching Psychology KS5
General teaching duties as expected for a Classroom Teacher
Teaching and Learning
1. Teach Psychology KS5.
2. Contribute to the Department’s bank of resources for the teaching of Psychology and assist in the production of materials which take into account students of all abilities and levels.
3. Contribute to the drawing up, evaluation and reviewing of Schemes of Work in relation to Psychology.
4. Carry out effective assessment, revision and exam preparation in Psychology in line with departmental policy.
5. Work effectively with colleagues, providing support and help as required.
6. Build positive working relationships with students in your care, implementing the school’s rewards and sanctions consistently as well as liaising with parents/guardians as necessary.
Assessment, Recording and Reporting
1. Maintain records of achievement and progress of all students in accordance with statutory requirements and departmental policy.
2. Mark and return work set, including homework, in line with school and departmental policy.
3. Adhere to the school’s Assessment and Marking Policy.
4. Complete student data entry and reports in line with school Policy.
5. Attend Parents’ Evenings as required and keep students and parents informed about current performance and ways in which to improve.
1. Attend team meetings
2. Attend whole school team meetings where appropriate
3. Liaising with Head of Department and other departments where appropriate
4. Liaise with Tutors where appropriate
1. Attend inset days when required
2. Attend external training specific to subject where appropriate
Use of Resources
1. Taking responsibility for teaching room to ensure displays are of a high quality
2. Involvement in the planning and equipping of teaching areas
3. Advising Head of Dept of any resourcing needs as appropriate
Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Principal/Head of Department
Arranging a visit to Highams Park School
Email Mrs Sharon Croft - email@example.com
34 Handsworth Avenue, London, Essex, E4 9PJ