This job expired on 21 March 2023 – see similar jobs
21 March 2023 at 9am
7 March 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £21,968.00 to £24,496.00
Regional Caretaker job summary
We are seeking a well organised, hands on and committed Regional Caretaker to cover our Parkwood & Pathways E-ACT Academy The purpose of this role is to provide a service to regional sites consisting of premises security, lighting, heating, cleaning, general maintenance, operation of plant, porter and handy person duties.
Reporting to the Regional Facilities Manager, this post holder will be accountable for
Safety and Security
- Regular routine testing of fire alarms, emergency lights and firefighting equipment
- Complete statutory and routine testing as and when required to manufacturers’ standards ensuring record keeping is up to date and accurate including boilers, sprinklers, fire alarms, emergency lighting, etc
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance with regard to all regulations, policies and codes of practice
- Install, maintain or repair jobs of a minor nature such as plumbing (eg leaky taps), joinery (eg boarding up broken windows), painting/decorating, plastering, electrical work (eg replace faulty lights), etc
- Clean and tidy all outside spaces, paths, gullies and drains including snow clearance when required and remove graffiti from internal and/or external spaces
- Identify and report any repairs, maintenance or replacements that require action
- Ensure adequate stock management of material and equipment
- Collect or order goods as required for completion of any caretaking or maintenance jobs
- Carry out porter duties as required including receipt of goods and supplies
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing our application and equal opportunities form.
SCP 6-12 £21,968 - £24,496
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Parkwood E-ACT Academy - Come join our team
We are a forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom. We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy and extend to people and their communities across the country. We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
About Parkwood E-ACT Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 789 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Parkwood E-ACT Academy website (opens in new tab)
Parkwood E-ACT Academy, a forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom.
Similar jobs nearby
Seven Hills School
Granville Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 2RJ
Brinsworth Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 5EJ
Common Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG20 8QF
Aughton Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S26 4SF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Sheffield