Religious Education Teacher
• To plan and deliver lessons, as set out by the teacher standards, to enable pupils to reach their aspirational school target
• Assess the development, progress and attainment of pupils continuously.
• Use assessment information to plan, prepare and deliver lessons and courses which meet pupil needs in terms of challenge, relevance, continuity and progression.
• Provide pupils with constructive feedback on their progress, achievement and attainment to enable them to improve over time.
• Report regularly on pupils’ progress and attainment to parents, students and other staff
• Ensure high quality display is used to support and inspire learning and celebrate achievement
• Evaluate teaching and strive to maintain nd improve its quality over time
• Plan, set and mark homework that will further develop pupil’s knowledge, understanding of skills and to support their progress towards their targets.
• To be a role model to other members of the curriculum area modelling excellent practice
Essential educational requirements
Good Honours Degree
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Evidence of successful involvement in teaching at KS3, KS4 or post 16 with an understanding of recent developments in the teaching and learning of the curriculum area
• Raising levels of achievement, in value-added terms, as demonstrated by results at the end of the course.
• Strong and methodic administrative skills
• Positive student behaviour management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong ICT competence
• Analytical and problem solving skills
About Trinity Church of England School, Lewisham
- Taunton Road, London, SE12 8PD
- All Through
- LA Maintained School