Teacher, Leadership, SEN specialist
£27,600 - £41,604
The Governing Body is seeking applicants for: Resource Base Leader.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding class teacher with a talent for teaching children with Additional Educational Needs, to oversee our Complex Needs Resource Base.
We have high ambitions for all the children who attend our school and we wish to appoint a teacher who has proven skills in ensuring that the children in our Resource Base receive an excellent teaching and learning experience with us, as part of a broad and balanced curriculum to meet their needs.
The children within the Resource Base would like a teacher who:
• Is happy
• Is kind and nice to us
• Likes to do art
• Likes to play in the sand and the water
• Gives us LOTS of maths, P.E. and reading time!
• Enjoys gardening and cooking and getting messy!
We are looking for an inspirational teacher who:
• has an excellent understanding of how children with all types of SEND learn and the best practice to support them achieve their full potential.
• is innovative, creative, and has high expectations, passion and commitment
• is a talented teacher who thrives on challenge with excellent classroom management skills
• can create an engaging, fun and exciting learning environment• works effectively and collaboratively with others, including parents and professionals from outside agencies
We can offer you:
• a calm, friendly ethos, where every child is valued as an individual
• a school environment where creativity is actively encouraged.
• an opportunity to develop your own, knowledge, expertise and practice in a supportive environment.
• extremely hard-working children who want to learn and are proud of their achievements
• a highly experienced, friendly and supportive SEND team
• an exciting opportunity to join and be part of a school moving forward.
SEN Allowance (£2270 pa)
Applying for the job
If you are interested in this position and would like to have a more detailed conversation before making the decision to apply for the post, please give us a call on 01249 813505 and we will be happy to help you with as much detail as possible to support this process.
When you have enough information to make your decision to apply, please complete all sections of the application form.
All applicants will be notified of the shortlisting decisions by email. References for shortlisted candidates will be requested before interviews. Interviews are to be confirmed and further details about the interview process will be emailed to the candidates in good time.
The Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.More on how to apply
Academy, Church of England
226 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Marden Vale CofE Academy
Marden Vale currently has 197 children on roll across 8 classes, 2 resource base rooms. We have fantastic resources that are used to make sure children achieve their full potential. These not only include our team of hardworking staff but also our pastoral team, specialist reading recovery teacher and our fantastic outside facilities including a large outdoor stage.
In September 2015, to strengthen our drive for continued school improvement alongside our thirst for greater collaborative working, we joined the Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust (DSAT). To find out more about DSAT please visit www.dsat.org.uk
Part of the reason for joining a Diocesan Trust was to respect and develop our church school status. We have good links with the clergy of St Mary’s Church. As well as clergy leading some worship within our school, we also hold services in church, support community events and use the church as a learning resource for our children.
Arranging a visit to Marden Vale CofE Academy
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and positively encouraged normally, however in the present climate please call the office on 01249 813505 to discuss this further.
William Street, Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 9BD