- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
37.5 hours per week
- Contract type
- G4-G7 £20,024-£27,858 per annum
Job summaryAvanti Schools Trust is seeking to recruit a retreat and after-school club co-ordinator.
As a Retreat Leader you will be expected to organise, manage and lead and deliver one-day and residential retreat programmes for young people from schools and groups across Avanti and the country. You will be responsible for the recruitment and management of retreat volunteers and contractors. This is a non-residential post that will require high level of organisation, creativity and commitment to the vision of Avanti.
Avanti is looking to further develop its wellbeing retreats that are currently offered to Avanti students, to schools and Trusts across the country. The Retreat co-ordinator will be required to manage the end-to-end retreat process for all Avanti schools and non-Avanti schools that book our unique Student Wellbeing retreats.
As an after-school club co-ordinator you will also manage one of Avanti’s after-school offerings, Magic Spark (LAMDA). Prior to COVID this was taking place in 4 Avanti schools serving around 150 pupils. You will be required to manage the teachers, student registrations and payments, parental communications and examinations. Also, to develop the LAMDA offering across all Avanti schools.
- End-to-end organisation of school retreats: Activities, Catering, Registrations, Marketing, Payments and Safeguarding
- Development of Avanti’s Student Wellbeing Retreats
- Liaising with schools and Trusts interested in attending Avanti Wellbeing Retreats.
- To work with the marketing team to develop marketing material and promote these retreats to schools and Trusts across the country
- To develop Avanti’s Magic Spark offering across the schools and re-launch post COVID in September 2021.
- Management of all aspects of Magic Spark; teacher recruitment, payments, registrations, term dates, examination submissions and organisation
- Working with the general manager of the Centre of Excellence to host and manage school retreats
- Support on the organisation of Avanti and non-Avanti staff retreats at the centre.
Applicants should be ideally with a professional qualification or its equivalent and possess relevant experience of working with young people; and the right to work in the UK and be able to drive in order to be able to visit all the schools.
The successful candidate will be expected to be in sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School – following closely the expected behaviours laid out in the Ethos Handbook.
Applying for the job
• Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
• Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
• We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and access for all, irrespective of age, background, race, gender, religion, ability, disability or sexuality. We welcome applications for employment from the whole community.
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
• CV’s will also be accepted, and candidates must fill in the application forms if they progress to the next stage. Application forms can be downloaded at www.avanti.org.uk/careers and must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org once fully completed. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration on appointment.
• Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- Trust type
- Multi-academy trust
About Avanti Schools Trust
Avanti Schools Trust exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, personal and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
Arrange a visit to Avanti Schools Trust
Please email email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Head office location
Wemborough Road, Stanmore, HA7 2EQ