School Business Manager
This job expired on 16 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Earliest start date
1 June 2023
Latest start date
1 September 2023
16 April 2023 at 11:59pm
24 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week, All year round
Full-time equivalent salary
- £50,000 - £55,000
What skills and experience we're looking for
- This is an exciting time to join The Gatwick School, this role will give the right candidate a real opportunity to make a difference to the 1,000 pupils that attend our school from age 4 to 16.
- The School Business Manager will play a crucial role on the Senior Leadership Team, providing strategic focus and help shape the future building project.
- We are looking for an experienced Business Manager to ensure the school’s financial, HR and administrative systems are effective.
- You will lead the admin and premises teams so the school runs smoothly and embed a culture of continued improvement and innovation.
- Candidates should have experience of working in a fast-paced environment and be able to lead a wide operational remit.
- In conjunction with the Headteacher and Trust Finance Director you will be responsible for managing the school's £6m budget, and providing effective operations at The Gatwick School.
What the school offers its staff
- You will be joining a supportive trust, with a strong Business manager Network,
- Professional guidance and support from the Aurora Academies Trust central team
- Extensive CPD opportunities for all staff including Aurora Trust-wide CPD
- Coaching culture established for staff
- Employee Wellbeing and Assistance Scheme
- A supportive induction programme is provided for all new staff.
- LGPS pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Staff / Long Service Awards
- Termly hospitality
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Gatwick School
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 911 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Gatwick School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01293 538779
The Gatwick School has been set up to establish an All-through school for children aged 4 to 16. All-through state schools are rare but we feel that it is precisely what gives The Gatwick School a unique place in the local provision for schools. Here are some of the reasons why we think an all-through education is so valuable and why we think it provides an exciting opportunity for our children: It removes the well-researched performance ‘dip’ at age 11 It removes the learning barriers and age-old fears that many children face as they leave primary school and make the transition to a secondary school It enables primary aged children to benefit from having some specialist teaching at an early age, which means that gifted and talented children will be challenged and stretched It enables some children to benefit by having more time to develop their skills It enables older children to have the opportunity to develop leadership skills by mentoring younger children (which in turn promotes a healthy and positive school climate) Older And Younger Children Working Together Since we have been open, it has been special to see so many and varied interactions which have led to very positive relationships being forged between our Primary and Secondary pupils. House competitions provide opportunities for older pupils to support our younger pupils. Our primary phase sports days are run by teachers and our pupil leaders Secondary pupils regularly visit Primary classes during special school events and drop down activities. This has inspired our Primary children to demonstrate greater confidence in reading and oral expression
Arranging a visit to The Gatwick School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Subject Leader for PE & Vocational Education
Francis Barber Pupil Referral Unit
287 Franciscan Road, London, SW17 8HE
Reach Academy Feltham
53-55 High Street, Feltham, Middlesex, TW13 4AB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Crawley and West Sussex