Annual or full time equivalent salary
- Grade F £34,242 - £38,539 FTE
- £7,950 - £8,948 per annum
School Counsellor job summary
We are looking to appoint School Counsellor to join our exceptionally experienced, strong and tenacious current team of pastoral leaders.
Our Pastoral team consists of 5 Year Leaders, 3 Assistant Year Leaders, ELSA, Pastoral Admin Officer, Inclusion Support Officer, Behavioural Support Officer, and a School Counsellor.
Our School Counsellor will:
Work within the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Ethical framework and guidelines set by the school and Local Authority.
Provide a confidential and professional counselling service to pupils in order to promote emotional well-being and enable students to cope with the difficulties they are facing.
Work alongside the pastoral team and SENDCo to identify students requiring counselling.
Make clear notes of all appointments to ensure a record is kept.
Track and monitor all students receiving counselling, ensuring that all required safeguarding procedures are followed.
Liaise with the Designated Safeguarding Lead regarding any safeguarding matters discussed during sessions.
Can you bring:
- A commitment to the highest aspirations and progress for all our students,
- An enthusiasm for the wellbeing and mental health of every young person in our care,
- A drive to remove barriers to students’ learning by providing them with effective support and guidance so that their learning is enhanced,
- The ability to communicate effectively with young people and build positive relationships with them and their families?
- Willingness to liaise with all colleagues and other agencies in the interests of students and families?
- Commitment to your own professional development and learning in the role?
If so, we would love to explore your ideas with you and see you in action at interview.
The school will support a proportion of the cost of the successful candidate's supervision commensurate with the part-time nature of this role.
You must have a BACP accreditation or evidence of working towards it
Applying for the job
For further information and an application form, see our website www.noadswood.hants.sch.uk. Applications to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note CVs are not accepted.
About Noadswood School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 960 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
What makes Noadswood a terrific community to be part of? Is it:
• Quality specialist teachers across a rich and varied curriculum, and a super record in academic outcomes, Dance, Performing Arts, Poetry and Sport?
• Our pastoral system, combining a proud culture of a House system overarching our year groups, giving young people membership of smaller communities within the school?
• Our drive for the best possible progress for all through research based teaching and learning?
• The way we listen to our students' and colleagues’ ideas for their wellbeing and their community, and bring them all to life?
• The care we have for our parent community, and their suggestions, views and concerns?
It's because of ALL of the above but overarching all of this, it's because we are a warm, welcoming school. We are passionate about educational excellence and to sustaining an honest, kind, inclusive community - we are strongly united on our very best days, at challenging times and at all points in between.