The Brakenhale School, Bracknell, Berkshire
|Subjects||Biology, Chemistry, Physics|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£18,339,.00 to £28,343,.00|
Aim and main purpose of the job:
To assist in all areas of the school, providing support for students who need it most. They should be a role model keen to work with colleagues in maintaining a supportive and nurturing environment.
To offer support to the learning, pastoral and co-curricular needs of individual students through the school’s pastoral policy and core values.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrate subject competence and keep up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum for 11-18 year olds in relation to the subject of Science
2. To keep informed about the key priorities identified in the School Development Plan, associated department development plans and responsibilities agreed upon within it
3. To set clear targets for student improvement and monitor progress towards these
4. To work effectively with Teaching Assistants and Teaching staff to plan lessons and individual support for statement pupils, including monitoring progress on IEPs
5. Establish and maintain good standards of pupil behaviour in the classroom by implementing consistently and fairly the School Behaviour Policy
6. To provide assistance to the English staff as directed in timetabled lessons
7. To assist with revision and extra-curricular activities
8. To provide assistance with lesson preparation
9. To undertake supervisory duties before school, at break or after school as required
10. To attend department and other school meetings as required
11. To contribute to the work of the department
12. To support colleagues in maintaining the school’s behaviour policy
13. To maintain appropriate standards of professional appearance and conduct
14. To raise issues of concern with his/her line manager or with the appropriate member of SLT
15. To set objectives each year with their team leader
16. The post holder is responsible for ensuring that the school safeguarding child protection policy is adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with this policy
17. To undertake any additional tasks as required by the Headteacher
Essential educational requirements
Degree or equivalent
Further educational study
A Levels or equivalent
Degree or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
Excellent understanding across all Science subjects.
Involvement in extra-curricular activities.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Strong commitment to the values and ethos of the school.
Effectively work in a team and on an individual basis.
Manage own workload and that of others.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to establish positive relationships with pupils, including those with special educational needs.
Flexibility to ensure achievement.
Understanding strengths and weaknesses.
Good organisational and time-management skills.
Identify and respond to new challenges.
Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and decision making skills.
Able to work effectively with, and command the confidence and respect of, students, parents, teaching staff, senior managers and colleagues in external agencies.
Whole school perspective on issues.
Professional in times of stress.
We believe staff welfare is a key part of our ethos and have a wide range of incentives to support staff and ensure they are valued. Employees are entitled to a range of benefits including pension and life insurance scheme, CPD programmes, an Employee Assistance Programme, Wellness weeks and reduced gym membership. In addition, we are preparing to open up an onsite creche facility for members of staff.
|School size||1076 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Brakenhale School website (opens in a new window)|
About The Brakenhale School
Brakenhale School is a rapidly growing, high performing 11-19 secondary school with a strong commitment to high standards for students and staff. We are a friendly school, with a firm commitment to providing professional development opportunities for our staff and a passionate belief that every student in our school matters. We have recently been judged as Good by Ofsted (January 2019) with 3 Outstanding categories; Leadership and Management, Personal Safety and Behaviour and our Post 16 Provision. We are incredibly proud to be the local secondary school of choice for the fourth year running.
Rectory Lane, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 7BA