- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Salary: L6-10 (£47,735 - £52,723)
Required for January 2022, an outstanding Science teacher who not only has the passion and expertise to inspire students to achieve the highest outcomes, but also lead on the development of highly effective teaching across the Science department and the broader school. Working within the Science department’s leadership team and the school’s central Learning Team, this is an important role in continuing the school’s strong journey of improvement over many years, in pursuit of our vision of excellence in all that we do.
We are looking for someone who:
- is an excellent practitioner in the classroom, planning highly effective learning sequences that motivate students and enable them to achieve.
- has had demonstrable success in achieving outstanding progress with students in Science, including those with SEND needs or are Disadvantaged.
- forms excellent relationships with students, staff and parents, modelling consistently high standards and expectations.
- is able to take the best in educational research and translate this into effective classroom practice.
- has experience of delivering highly impactful coaching and CPD, in order to develop other teachers to improve their practice within the classroom.
- is committed to making a real difference to our students’ lives, developing students who are respectful, tolerant citizens that demonstrate fundamental British values.
The post is suitable for experienced, specialist Science teachers in any of the Science specialisms. It is not suitable for Early Career Teachers.
• excellent professional development through our in-school CPD and leadership development programmes, as well as through the Red Kite Learning Trust and the Red Kite Alliance.
• outward facing working across other partnership schools and organisations, such as PiXL.
• excellent facilities through a modern, well-resourced Science department and a school which benefitted from being rebuilt 10 years ago.
• opportunities for Post 16 teaching.
• excellent supportive relationships at all levels within the school.
• an opportunity to join a supportive, successful and forward-looking team, with a strong reputation.
• enhanced employee benefits through Red Kite’s mylifestyle scheme.
Applying for the job
For an application pack, please click on the following link: More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1299 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Temple Moor High School
Temple Moor is a confident and outward-facing school, at the heart of our local community in Leeds. The school adapts well to the changing schools’ and educational landscape; better prepared to meet the needs and aspirations of all our learners.
We are part of the Red Kite Learning Trust, which has a philosophy deeply rooted in professional generosity and in helping young people excel within their own schools, and beyond. We believe we have found the right partner to help us to improve standards still further for all our students and to secure our long-term vision – helping us to become a centre of excellence at the heart of the community..