We require a talented and committed Second in English to join the English Department in this vibrant and exciting
school. You will inspire others within the department through high quality teaching for learning, enabling students to
achieve their potential through engaging lessons. Student outcomes continues to be a currency for the future, and
being able to achieve excellent outcomes for all your teaching groups is important, but moreover, supporting other
students and colleagues is also vital. Key to the role will also be the building on the success of the department through
networking with our new trust to deliver best practice.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a team player, committed to departmental priorities.
• Demonstrate consistently positive progress with their teaching groups.
• Be committed to evidence-based pedagogy to drive standards in English.
• Be determined that all students should have the best opportunity for success.
Training and development opportunities will be offered. All staff are encouraged to study further and the trust will
actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications where possible.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to
deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual
identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate
to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
The English department at Huxlow is a close knit and supportive team, comprising of experienced teachers and ECTs.
The department is looking for a new leadership team at this exciting stage in our improvement journey. We believe
that English is at the heart of the success of any improvement at Huxlow and we are seeking leaders that have a
coherent vision and philosophy for a highly effective English curriculum and its teaching. If you care deeply about
providing students with the expectations and experience in your English department that builds the skills and
knowledge that enables every student to achieve success and find enjoyment in the power of English to change lives,
then apply today! We are looking for an inspirational practitioner to join the English leadership team as we strive for
excellence, and to take the English curriculum and its teaching to the next level.
• To develop a curiosity, excitement, and passion for English within students at Huxlow.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and build a culture of excellence in all classes.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor.
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of the English curriculum.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic
• Lead on the curriculum development and implementation for a Key Stage.
• Play a key role in the writing and analysis of assessments across a Key Stage.
• With the Head of Department, oversee the Evaluation and Monitoring of teaching for learning, implementing
support when required.
• Manage the intervention provision, monitoring and evaluating its impact on progress of key groups.
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.