Second in English
34 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
26 April 2023 at 9am
17 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Mon-Fri
- MPS / UPS
(Plus TLR2B - £5,024)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We require a talented and committed Second in English to join the English Department in this vibrant and exciting school. You will inspire others within the department through high quality teaching for learning, enabling students to achieve their potential through engaging lessons. Student outcomes continues to be a currency for the future, and being able to achieve excellent outcomes for all your teaching groups is important, but moreover, supporting other students and colleagues is also vital. Key to the role will also be the building on the success of the department through networking with our new trust to deliver best practice.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a team player, committed to departmental priorities.
• Demonstrate consistently positive progress with their teaching groups.
• Be committed to evidence-based pedagogy to drive standards in English.
• Be determined that all students should have the best opportunity for success.
What the school offers its staff
Training and development opportunities will be offered. All staff are encouraged to study further and the trust will actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications where possible.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
Further details about the role
The English department at Huxlow is a close knit and supportive team, comprising of experienced teachers and ECTs. The department is looking for a new leadership team at this exciting stage in our improvement journey. We believe that English is at the heart of the success of any improvement at Huxlow and we are seeking leaders that have a coherent vision and philosophy for a highly effective English curriculum and its teaching. If you care deeply about providing students with the expectations and experience in your English department that builds the skills and knowledge that enables every student to achieve success and find enjoyment in the power of English to change lives, then apply today! We are looking for an inspirational practitioner to join the English leadership team as we strive for excellence, and to take the English curriculum and its teaching to the next level.
• To develop a curiosity, excitement, and passion for English within students at Huxlow.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and build a culture of excellence in all classes.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor.
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of the English curriculum.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
• Lead on the curriculum development and implementation for a Key Stage.
• Play a key role in the writing and analysis of assessments across a Key Stage.
• With the Head of Department, oversee the Evaluation and Monitoring of teaching for learning, implementing support when required.
• Manage the intervention provision, monitoring and evaluating its impact on progress of key groups.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 211 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Huxlow Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- Up to 819 pupils
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Huxlow Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01933 650496
Huxlow Academy is a fully inclusive school, located in Irthlingborough, East Northamptonshire. Our students are a vibrant and varied mix that bring an energy that is not found in many other schools. The loyalty the students show for the staff and community, whom they recognise care so deeply about them, is what makes Huxlow a very rewarding and fun place to work. If you want to work with a team committed to making a difference to the lives of the young people in our community, we want to hear from you!
Arranging a visit to Huxlow Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Finedon Road, Irthlingborough, Northamptonshire, NN9 5TY
The Latimer Arts College
Castle Way, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 6SW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Northamptonshire and Northampton