Second in Mathematics
Brighton Hill Community School, Basingstoke, Hampshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,372 to £41,500|
We are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational second in faculty and teacher of Mathematics from September 2020 to help lead and coordinate the teaching and learning of Mathematics in a successful and supportive faculty. This post provides an excellent opportunity for a teacher looking to progress his/her career and will provide an excellent foundation for future career development in school leadership.
Brighton Hill Community School is rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and is a rapidly improving and growing coeducational 11-16 Community School with 821 students. You will teach across the age and ability range and make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school.
The successful candidate will be:
• An excellent classroom practitioner
• Able to demonstrate leadership capacity and a desire to learn and develop.
• Committed to achieving the very best outcomes for our students and our journey to being an outstanding school
• Possess excellent communication and organisational skills to support students and staff development
• Creative in order to provide a stimulating learning environment to promote exceptional progress and high engagement and develop faculty strategies.
• Passionate about teaching and learning and your own professional development
• Able to make a significant contribution to the development of the Maths Faculty and whole school Improvement plan.
Why apply to work at Brighton Hill Community School?
• Excellent support from the Maths faculty and the Senior Leadership Team.
• “The recent improvements in the school have increased staff morale. High-quality training and development for all staff is effective.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
• “Staff feel proud of their school and their contribution to pupils’ academic and personal development.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
• The opportunity to innovate and develop your professional skills through a comprehensive and innovative professional development programme which develops all staff
• The chance to be part of a dedicated team committed to improved outcomes for our students, who “enjoy school and are proud to wear the uniform and be part of what they call the ‘#YellowArmy’. They recognise and welcome the recent improvements to the school, commenting very favourably to inspectors about the changes they see.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
• A clear vision for Teaching and Learning which embraces current research and creative practice
If you are an enthusiastic teacher with the desire to make a real difference for our students, we would like to hear from you.
For full details and an application form, please visit our website: www.brightonhill.hants.sch.uk. Alternatively, telephone Jo Levett – HR Officer on 01256 362532 or email: email@example.com. Please note CVs will not be accepted. Closing date for applications: Friday 17th May at 10.00am.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and other employment checks
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||678 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Brighton Hill Community School website (opens in a new window)|
Brighton Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4HS