Second in Maths
46 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
21 July 2023 at 9am
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Mon-Fri
- MPS to UPS
(TLR2B - £5,024)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We require a talented and committed Second in Maths to join the Maths Department in this vibrant and exciting school.. You will inspire others within both department through high quality teaching for learning, enabling students to achieve their potential through engaging lessons. Student outcomes continues to be a currency for the future, and being able to achieve excellent outcomes for all your teaching groups is important, but moreover, supporting other students and colleagues is also vital. Building on the success of the department and networking within our new trust to deliver best practice is also a key role. Through using your expertise, you will be required to monitor and support our intervention programme, as well as being proactive in supporting non-specialist teachers within the department. Ideally a passion for KS3 would be welcomed, but this can be negotiated.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a team player, committed to departmental priorities.
- Demonstrate consistently positive progress with their teaching groups.
- Be committed to evidence-based pedagogy to drive standards in Maths.
- Be determined that all students should have the best opportunity for success.
What the school offers its staff
Training and development opportunities will be offered. All staff are encouraged to study further and the trust will actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications where possible.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
Further details about the role
The Maths department at Huxlow is a close knit and supportive team, comprising of experience teachers, ECTs and non-specialists. GCSE outcomes in 2022 were in line with National results and we are keen to build on this success in the future. We have recently introduced an exciting new KS3 curriculum which is being enjoyed by students. There are also opportunities for collaboration with schools within TOVE Trust to share expertise and support the development of Maths teaching at Huxlow.
• To develop a curiosity, excitement, and passion for Maths within students at Huxlow.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and build a culture of excellence in all classes.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor.
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of the Maths curriculum.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
• Lead on the curriculum development and implementation for a Key Stage.
• Play a key role in the writing and analysis of assessments across a Key Stage.
• Have a key role in supporting non-specialist teachers with the delivery of the Maths curriculum.
• With the Head of Department, oversee the Evaluation and Monitoring of teaching for learning, implementing support when required.
• Manage the intervention provision, monitoring and evaluating its impact on progress of key groups.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Huxlow Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- Up to 819 pupils
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Huxlow Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Huxlow Academy is a fully inclusive school, located in Irthlingborough, East Northamptonshire. Our students are a vibrant and varied mix that bring an energy that is not found in many other schools. The loyalty the students show for the staff and community, whom they recognise care so deeply about them, is what makes Huxlow a very rewarding and fun place to work. If you want to work with a team committed to making a difference to the lives of the young people in our community, we want to hear from you!
Arranging a visit to Huxlow Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Northamptonshire and Northampton