Second in Science
Required for an Easter or September start 2020.
• Carrying out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with School policies, under the direction of the Principal.
• Supporting the Head of Faculty/Department in providing clear, cohesive leadership and direction in Faculty/Department and motivating teaching and support colleagues in developing innovative strategies to enhance the quality of learning, teaching and achievement
• Promoting the achievement of high standards through effective teaching and learning within subject area(s), preparation, evaluation and action planning.
• Being central in the delivery of the ECM agenda, paying regard to the provision of personalisation for students.
• Modelling the vision and values of the School;
• Being part of the team driving the development of Outwood Academy Ormesby to become an ‘outstanding’ school.
• Receiving and acting on feedback to build on the strengths and improve personal performance within the School systems.
• Contributing to implementing policies and practice and to promoting collective responsibility for their implementation.
• Taking into account and constantly reviewing School contextual factors and prior attainment when planning and teaching lessons.
• Working in a cross-curricular way to support subjects across the School in the use of active learning approaches to enrich curriculum and skills delivery.
• Recognising, promoting and celebrating diversity.
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree in a relevant subject
Teaching qualification together with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Essential skills and experience
Able to use a range of teaching and learning strategies
An understanding for how Assessment for Learning can improve student performance
Confidence in the use of standard computer packages (word processing, email and spreadsheets) and how these can be used to enhance student learning
Able to use student level data to raise standards
Able to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
Creative in problem solving together with willingness to take on and try new approaches and ideas
Ability to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and to recognise potential child safeguarding issues
Able to communicate both orally and in writing to students and their parents
About Outwood Academy Ormesby
- Tothill Avenue, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS3 0RH
- Outwood Academy Ormesby website (opens in a new window)