- Fixed term (Fixed term until July 2022)
Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- BG 6 (£19,698 - £20,092 FTE)
- £9,277 - £9,463
SEN Learning Support Assistant job summary
Salary: Bristol Grade 6 (£19,698 - £20,092 FTE, Actual Salary £9,277 - £9,463).
Responsible To: Senior HLTA and SENCo
Type of Contract: Fixed term contract to be reviewed in July 2022, 20 hours per week, term-time only plus INSET days
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date: Monday 31st January 2022 (9am)
Interview date: Friday 4th February 2022
Filton Avenue Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Learning Support Assistant to support a child with special educational needs. We are always looking to employ exceptional staff who share our values – collaboration, aspiration, respect and endeavour – and determination to ensure that Filton Avenue children receive memorable experiences on their journey to becoming confident, life-long learners.
Filton Avenue is a friendly school and serves a diverse and vibrant community in North Bristol. Our school has a committed and dedicated team, with wonderful children and parents, who value the school staff, knowing that you can make a real difference. The mission statement of the school, “Together on a journey towards success”, lies at the heart of all that the school does. We place no limits on our aspirations for our pupils.
• enthusiastic pupils, willing to learn and achieve, who need staff who believe in them
• a bright, happy place in which to learn and work
• a professionally stimulating environment which values the contributions of all staff
• a strong commitment to your professional development
• a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion
The LSA team at Filton Avenue is warm, welcoming and well-qualified, and take responsibility for the huge impact they have on young people. You need to be a team player, who is supportive, enthusiastic and motivated, with excellent organisational skills.
Filton Avenue is an exciting and forward-thinking school and as part of Trust in Learning Academies (TiLA) staff have the opportunity to work alongside partners in our family of schools.
The post is part-time hours (five mornings a week – 9am - 1pm).
The successful applicant will be/have:
• Qualified to a minimum of NVQ 2 or equivalent (including Maths and English GCSE Grade C or equivalent).
• Strong behavioural management skills
• Experience of working with challenging behaviours
• An understanding of, and vision for, the care and education of children aged 4-11.
• The skills and understanding necessary to engage children in their learning.
• Able to contribute to the life of the school.
• The ability to work under direction as part of a team and able to use their own initiative.
If what you have read resonates with you, and you are keen to work closely with us supporting our pupils’ aspirations and achievements, then we wholeheartedly welcome your application.
Please read the job description and person specification carefully before applying. The successful applicant will be required to complete a disclosure application and provide details of any criminal convictions.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be arranged by via the school.
We reserve the right to close the selection process early.
The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. All posts within our school are subject to enhanced disclosure and barring service checks, and where applicable prohibition checks.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.