SEN Teaching Assistant
This job expired on 4 October 2022 – see similar jobs
Start date details
4 October 2022 at 11:59pm
20 September 2022
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - £18,230.70 actual salary (38 weeks per year, 37.5 hours per week)
- Fixed term - TBC
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 2 (Outer London): £21,783 FTE
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Additional Harris Benefits
SEN Teaching Assistant job summary
Inspire and transform learning with us. We are currently looking to appoint a SEN Teaching Assistant to attend topupils' personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters.
This role is offered on a fixed-term contract.
Main Areas of Responsibility
As SEN Teaching Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Attend to pupils' personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters;
- As part of making reasonable adjustments for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities it will sometimes be necessary to direct you to support pupil's intimate care needs in line with the academy Intimate Care Policy and to maintain the pupils health, safety and personal dignity.
- Work with the class teacher and Inclusion Manager to support the implementation of person centred planning and targets for SEND pupils.
- Liaise with appropriate external SEND or health professionals to ensure that advice on provision for individual SEND pupils is effectively implemented.
- Supervise and support SEND pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning;
- Establish good relationships with all pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs;
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils;
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications to GCSE Level standard or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of pupils with social and emotional difficulties that may impact upon their behaviour
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Microsoft software
- Some knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Harris Primary Academy Mayflower
- School type
- Free School, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 969 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0203 772 4588
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a successful academy that was judged outstanding in every category in our May 2017 Ofsted inspection.
We are a 5 form entry primary school, opening with a Reception cohort and are growing by a year group at a time with currently 902 pupils on roll from Nursery to Year 6. This will make our academy, which was funded under the free school programme with backing from Thurrock council, the Department for Education and the Harris Federation which sponsors the free school, the biggest primary free school in the country.
We are a sister school to Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred and Harris Academy Chafford Hundred, along with the other Academies in the Harris Federation. We work very closely together and share the very best practice and leadership knowledge and capacity to make the education we offer outstanding. Our shared belief is that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school and our commitment to excellence is encapsulated in our vision statement: "Excellence, Every child, Every day."
Our Core values of : Manners, Perseverance, Responsibility, Community and Achievement, underpin everything that happens at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower. They are our foundations and we have a clear expectation that all adults as well as children and staff model and respect these values both inside and outside the academy. These foundations have enabled us to build high quality, inspiring education for our children since the academy opened. This is reflected in both the exceptional day to day practice here as well as the outstanding outcomes our children have achieved in each year.
Similar jobs nearby
SEND Learning Coach (Part Time)
The Olive School Hackney
32 St Johns Church Road, London, E9 6EJ
Hook Lane Primary School
Faraday Road, Welling, Kent, DA16 2ET
Avonmore Primary School
Avonmore Road, London, W14 8SH
Holy Trinity CofE Primary School
Effra Road, London, SW19 8PW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock