SEN Teaching Assistant
This job expired on 10 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
10 April 2023 at 11:59pm
21 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Actual Salary £20,188.55 (38 weeks per year, 37.5 hours per week)
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 2 (Outer London)
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (LGPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Inspire and transform learning with us. We are currently looking to appoint a SEN Teaching Assistant to attend to pupils' personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications to GCSE Level standard or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of pupils with social and emotional difficulties that may impact upon their behaviour
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Microsoft software
- Some knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
What the school offers its staff
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a successful academy that was judged outstanding in every category in our May 2017 Ofsted inspection.
We are a 5 form entry primary school, opening with a Reception cohort and are growing by a year group at a time with currently 902 pupils on roll from Nursery to Year 6. This will make our academy, which was funded under the free school programme with backing from Thurrock council, the Department for Education and the Harris Federation which sponsors the free school, the biggest primary free school in the country.
We offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
As SEN Teaching Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Attend to pupils' personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters;
- As part of making reasonable adjustments for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities it will sometimes be necessary to direct you to support pupil's intimate care needs in line with the academy Intimate Care Policy and to maintain the pupils health, safety and personal dignity.
- Work with the class teacher and Inclusion Manager to support the implementation of person centred planning and targets for SEND pupils.
- Liaise with appropriate external SEND or health professionals to ensure that advice on provision for individual SEND pupils is effectively implemented.
- Supervise and support SEND pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning;
- Establish good relationships with all pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs;
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils;
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Harris Primary Academy Mayflower
- School type
- Free School, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 969 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0203 772 4588
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a thriving, diverse and friendly three form entry academy that launched in September 2014 and is funded through the free school programme. We serve the communities of Chafford Hundred and West Thurrock. We moved into our brand new building, capable of accommodating five forms of entry, in 2016, and were rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017.
Similar jobs nearby
Grove Park Primary School
Nightingale Close, London, W4 3JN
Holy Trinity CofE Primary School
Effra Road, London, SW19 8PW
Normand Croft Community School for Early Years and Primary Education
Bramber Road, London, W14 9PA
Albion Primary School
Albion Street, London, SE16 7JD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock