- Early years, Key stage 1
- Fixed term - The appointment will terminate on the date that the child leaves St. Giles’ CofE Infant School or on the date that the need for the additional support ceases. Should the need for the level of support change then you will be given notice of that change accordingly, and this contract will be varied accordingly.
- S1 -L3
SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT job summary
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and flexible SEN Teaching Assistant 3 days per week over 39 weeks. Working pattern would be 08:15-15:00hrs.
The successful applicant should have previous work experience and/or training with children with complex additional needs and have some understanding of different types of SEND such as;
Communication and Interaction
Cognition and Learning
Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties
Physical and/or Sensory Needs
Diagnoses such as ASD/ADHD/PDA
The applicant should have:
• A completed NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in an aspect of child care, early years or SEND practice
• proven experience of working within a primary school learning environment
• excellent numeracy and literacy skills (Equivalent to GCSE Grade A-C)
• excellent spoken and written English language skills
• willingness to provide personal care, feeding and close-contact hygiene to pupils as required
• ability to co-operate and work as part of a team and to be pro-active in using own initiative
• a commitment and passion for inclusive education along with a patient, flexible and positive manner
The application should also be willing to
• follow differentiated planning, other specialist programmes and individual education plans with patience and calmness to ensure pupils are able to participate in activities and sessions.
• build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration
This job post has expired.
About St Giles' CofE (Aided) Infant School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 5 to 7
- School size
- 67 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 7
St Giles’ C of E (A) Infant School, has been at the heart of Ashtead and the surrounding area since 1852. As a small school, we are uniquely placed to know each and every child; their strengths, their next steps and their personalities! All children learn in different ways and at St Giles’ this is acknowledged by all staff, who ensure that their provision and support for all children is outstanding.
Our curriculum is engaging, lively and topics are based on pupils’ interests. We use a wide range of resources and teaching styles to deliver lessons to pupils of all needs and abilities.
St Giles’ is a happy, caring and inclusive school, where children are given opportunities to learn, develop and experience new challenges.
Arranging a visit to St Giles' CofE (Aided) Infant School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Cranleigh Church of England Primary School
Parsonage Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU6 7AN
Find more school jobs in Surrey