|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
• To professionally lead and manage SEND in accordance with the 2014 SEND Code of Practice: 0-25 Years
• To lead, manage, develop and maintain high quality SEND provision which enables quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils
• To model effective teaching, to coach and train colleagues and to teach across the school
• To keep all aspects of paperwork including records and policies, up-to-date and actioned, as appropriate
• To contribute to the development of whole school policy wherever appropriate
• To undertake all duties of DSL
Essential educational requirements
Willingness to undertake the National Award for SEN Co-ordination.
Qualified Teacher status.
Essential skills and experience
Successful experience of teaching across the primary age range
An understanding of current initiatives that relate to our provision for children with SEND.
Committed to providing excellent provision for all pupils and achieving high standards of pupil progress
Experience in leading in SEND, including identification of pupil needs, monitoring and evaluating pupil achievement
A teacher with a record of consistently successful classroom practice
Experience as part of a leadership team
Experience of managing a budget
Proven ability in leading staff teams / school improvement projects and measuring progress
Ability to implement strategies for raising achievement for pupils with SEND
Confidence, clarity and decisiveness in making and carrying out decisions
Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a leader and team member
Excellent people skills; motivating, inspiring, and challenging adults
IT literate and able to use online systems such as SIMS, CPOMS etc.
SEN AllowanceMore on how to apply
|School type||LA Maintained School, Church of England|
|School size||412 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St Matthew's Church of England Aided Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About St Matthew's Church of England Aided Primary School
Wood Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 3QF