17 days remaining to apply
Start date details
15 June 2023 at 11:59pm
26 May 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Standard teacher contract
- Leadership Scale (Inner London)
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Do you have experience supporting students with SEN? Harris Academy Tottenham is seeking to appoint an exceptional, experienced qualified teacher as SENCO.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and a good undergraduate degree
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development relevant to the SENCO role or willingness to undertake this training.
- Knowledge and understanding of national priorities, current curriculum development and an ability to design and implement an innovative curriculum based on students' needs
- A thorough understanding of quality assurance techniques
- An appreciation of student motivation
- An understanding of how professional development contributes to the raising of quality
- SEN experience in a secondary school
- Evidence of successful teaching experience
- Evidence of pastoral experience
- Experience of working with key stakeholders such as parents, governors and employer
What the school offers its staff
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we are innovative, open and collaborative. We would like fellow innovators, passionate pedagogists and creative class leaders to join us during this exciting time. With a dedicated SLT team on hand for support and guidance, there are a multitude of CPD opportunities to thrive on. You can expect to be a part of a fantastic team of dedicated teachers and support staff as well as an attentive, supportive work culture.
Our brand-new facilities allow us to continue expanding our curriculum offer, ensuring students experiences are both varied and enriching. The premises has undergone a comprehensive programme of refurbishment, and reached completion in May 2019. Our new Sports Block opened in May 2019, and has fantastic facilities including a Sports Hall, Activity Studio, Multi Use Game Areas.
Having been recognised as ‘Outstanding' by OFSTED in June 2017, we are excited to have new members of staff join us in delivering transformative learning experiences. The inspectors commented that ‘learning is the business of the day' and that sentiment underpins all that we do. Since then, the school continues to grow and strive for the highest standards.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
The purpose of your role will be:
- To ensure that Academy practice is compliant with the SEND Code of Practice (2014) and other relevant statutory requirements
- To work with the Academy Leadership team to ensure an ethos of Inclusion, a culture of high aspirations for students with SEND and the implementation of the Academy SEND Policy
- To ensure that the provision of SEND support is in accordance with Academy aims and policy
- To be responsible for maintaining an up-to-date and accurate SEND Profile
- To be responsible for the accurate identification of SEND across the Academy, ensuring a rigorous and thorough assessment process
- To be a role model with regard to Quality First Teaching and differentiation within your own teaching practice
- To be responsible for the embedding of Quality First Teaching across the Academy
- To be responsible for the Academy SEND Offer, ensuring high quality targeted interventions enabling students with SEND to make better progress
- In consultation with the Academy Leadership Team, to provide a programme of professional development for staff with regard to SEND
- To be responsible for tracking the progress of students with SEND
- To deploy staff and resources according to the needs of SEND students.
- To write a termly report to the Governing body on progress and developments
For a full list of responsibilities, please download the Job Pack.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Harris Academy Tottenham
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1275 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Academy Tottenham website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 3772 4243
Harris Academy Tottenham is a 3-18 academy with a Specialism in Mathematics and Enterprise, judged by Ofsted as 'Outstanding' in 2017. This will be an exciting opportunity to be part of an excellent team who will develop and provide outstanding teaching and learning and exceptional outcomes for students.
Similar jobs nearby
The Surrey Teaching Centre
Tadworth Street, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5RU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London