Teacher, SEN specialist
MPR/UPR + TLR1B
Ossett Academy & Accord Sixth Form are seeking to appoint an inspiring and passionate SENCo to lead and manage the provision for students with special educational and additional needs, providing professional guidance in the area of SEN.
You will be required to provide leadership to ensure high quality learning and the more effective use of resources to improve outcomes and achievements for all students, ensuring that all legal obligations are met in accordance with statutory practice. You will ensure high standards of achievement and progress for all students of SEND and deliver specialised high quality inclusive teaching, learning and support.
The SEN department at the Academy are an outstanding team of professionals who are vibrant and forward thinking. We value challenge and active participation. You must be innovative with demonstrable resilience, vision and energy.
Applications are welcomed from teachers across the experience range: we offer an extensive programme of academy and Trust CPD, to help you grow and develop as an excellent practitioner. If you have the vision and skills to deliver inspirational teaching whilst having the focus and drive to ensure successful outcomes are reached we’d love to hear from you.
- An opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across academies and within the central Trust teams, with other academies and Multi Academy Trust’s on a local or regional basis
- Opportunities to lead on developments as a stepping stone to further career opportunities.
- A specific career stage pathway of professional development with a commitment to support engagement in nationally recognised professional qualifications (NPQ’s).
- All employees have access to discounted rates for self and family members for a range of local and national companies and services, reviewed annually.
- All employees have access to the Fitness Suite located within one of the Academies in the Trust free of charge.
- Access to a biannual C2W scheme.
1695 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Ossett Academy and Sixth Form College
Ossett Academy is part of the Accord Multi Trust which a Wakefield based Trust; all four academies in are closely located to one another lends itself many opportunities work and collaboratively. All within three-mile radius can be found short drive off junction 40 M1.
Arranging a visit to Ossett Academy and Sixth Form College
Talk to our staff or pupils and you will find out how proud we are of our unique academy, its supportive atmosphere and strong team ethos. We encourage interested candidates to get in touch and see what makes us great! Contact the HR team on 01924 668930 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make the arrangements or would be happy to answer any other questions you may have.