Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS plus SEN allowance
- Overall classroom responsibility.
- To plan, prepare and implement an appropriate programme of learning for pupils.
- To assess and evaluate pupils' work and provide records of evidence of learning and progress.
- To lead a team of teaching assistants.
- To lead and monitor a subject/area of responsibility across the age and ability range of the school.
- To positively promote and contribute to the team ethos of the Academy.
- To take an active part in relevant meetings/working groups.
Please see job description and person specification on website for further details.
- SEN Allowance.
- Extensive Induction programme.
- Ongoing CPD programme and training.
- Opportunities and support for continued professional growth.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reduced membership fee at local Health and Fitness Club.
- A positive and friendly working environment.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
143 pupils enrolled
2 to 19
About Exeter House Special School
This is an exciting time for Somerset Road Education Trust as we are exploring opportunities for expansion and further development of our provision. We are committed to supporting our local community and have developed an outreach service. This has been exceptionally well received by both parents and professionals.
Somerset Road Education Trust is a unique collaborative multi-academy trust, formed between Exeter House Special School, St Mark’s CofE Junior School and Wyndham Park Infants’ School who share a campus. Exeter House School also has an offsite vocational centre for older students. The Trust is developing two new Resource Bases at the junior and infant schools. This is an exciting and unique opportunity as the staff and pupils will have access to the benefits a typical resource base provision can offer but with the expertise and opportunities a special school setting can provide.
We are a supportive and caring Trust where we strive to enable everyone to be the best they can be. We not only believe in the extraordinary but seek it out in every student we work with and every staff member who works for us.
We want to hear from you if:
• You are an exceptional practitioner with a proven track record in Special, Early Years, or Primary Education.
• You are able to inspire and motivate students to achieve their full potential.
• You have a passion to make a difference to the lives of students with a variety of disabilities.
• You are seeking to develop your career within a supportive and experienced team.
We can offer you:
• A positive and friendly working environment.
• An opportunity to work with an amazing group of young people.
• Extensive induction programme and ongoing CPD programme and training.
• Opportunities and support for continued professional growth.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Reduced membership fee at local Health and Fitness Club.
Visits to the schools are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 01722 334168 to arrange a convenient date and time.
For further information and application pack please email Tracey Allman at email@example.com, or telephone HR direct line on 01722 420699. An application pack can also be downloaded from Somerset Road Education Trust website at www.somersetroadeducationtrust.uk/.
Somerset Road Education Trust (SRET) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.