SEND (Special Needs) TEACHERS FOR SPECIAL SCHOOL
Fantastic Career Opportunity for Teachers for a Special School – EYFS, Primary and Secondary posts available in our SLD and PMLD classes.
Permanent and Full Time post only; Main scale 1-6 depending on experience plus SEN allowance.
The Teacher role will be ideal for someone who has a positive and caring approach when working with children who have special educational needs (SEN). You will be required to work closely with our whole school team to teach, assess and support children and students, encouraging them to engage with various learning opportunities to help them to achieve success. Experience or understanding of Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties/Autism or High Functioning Autism would be of help, but is not essential.
You will be based in one of the Primary or Secondary classes and work closely across the day with other teachers and colleagues. It is essential that you are able to work closely with parents and families.
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge teaching children and young people with a range of special educational needs where every day is different but rewarding? Are you willing to give above and beyond to ensure our school is always outstanding? We are looking for the best of the best and we really hope that this could be you!
What our children want from you!
1. GREET ME EACH DAY -Wish me good morning, and send me off with a “see you tomorrow.”
2. SMILE -When you look at me, let me see happiness in your eyes.
3. GIVE ME YOUR ATTENTION -Sit and talk with me privately; even if only for a second.
4. IMAGINE WITH ME-Help me dream of things I might be able to do; not just the things I need to do now.
5. GIVE ME CHALLENGES -Show me how to handle it. Teach me what to do.
6. ASK ABOUT ME -Inquire about my weekend, the game I played, the places I go. It shows you care about my life.
7. LET ME HAVE TIME -Time to let things sink in. Time to think. Time to reflect, process, and play.
8. DEMAND OF ME -Hold me accountable to high standards. Don’t let me get away with less if you know I am capable of doing better.
9. NOTICE ME -Leave special messages in my desk or locker. Just a quick note that says you notice something right.
10. LET ME ASK THE QUESTIONS -Even if my questions are off topic, let me ask them. It will show that I am thinking about new perspectives, curious, and willing to learn more. Let me have the chance to show what I am wondering about, not just what I know.
11. ENGAGE ME -I came to you in love with learning. Keep me excited, keep me wanting more.
12. TRUST ME -Believe that I can do it. Allow me the chance. I promise to show you I can.
OPEN DAY! Come along to our TEACHER RECRUITMENT open day on the 3rd MARCH 2020 (no strings attached to further apply) and see if it could be the school for you! Call Natalie or Nicola in our School, Reception on 01536 216489 to book on to one of the tours and find out more about working at Red Kite. We strongly advise a visit to get a real understanding of the work that we do every day!
Contact email@example.com for an application form - CVs are NOT accepted.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Can you juggle meeting the children’s needs, planning great experiences, playing, signing, toileting, feeding, and being asked to undertake a million different jobs all with a SMILE on your face? Can you be a musician, an artist, a performer, a player, a dancer, a magician, a baker, an athlete or a scientist at the drop of a hat?
If so then you could be just the TEACHER for us; where we will ask you to use your passion and enthusiasm to engage children in creative ways every minute of every day.
We will have been open for two years in September 2020 and we are already an outstanding team of highly motivated and lively individuals who all give above and beyond every day. We welcome applications from those with experience or from those looking to start a career in this field; the right attitude and aptitude is paramount.
The Teacher role will be ideal for someone who has a positive and caring approach when working with children who have special educational needs (SEN). You will be required to work closely with our whole school team and support children and students, encouraging them to engage with various learning activities to help them to achieve success and to learn. Experience or understanding of Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties/Autism or High Functioning Autism would be of help, but is not essential.
Essential skills and experience
• Hold QTS
• Have a willingness to share ideas and good practice
• Show a passion for raising the achievement of all children
• Have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
• Be effective communicators with staff, parents and children
• Provide and maintain a stimulating classroom environment that promotes children’s learning
• Be willing to contribute to our programme of extra-curricular activities
• Have a positive and caring attitude with a flexible approach as every day is different her
• Have excellent behaviour management skills with the ability to work as a part of a team
• Be punctual and reliable.
• Have a calm and resilient approach.
• Have the ability to work within a team – we are highly motivated, lively and fun!
About Red Kite Academy
All through (4-18 years)Special School for children with PMLD, SLD and ASD as well as HFA
- Glastonbury Road, Corby, NN17 2UJ
- Not Applicable
- Free School