Part time - 0.6 FTE (5 mornings & whole day Wednesday per week) Required January 2024 or sooner
St Michael’s Primary School is a warm and welcoming school situated in the heart of the Tilehurst community. We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic SEND specialist teacher to help continue our development of our nurture department.
What we can offer:
• A supportive and collaborative working environment that values professional growth and development.
• An experienced and supportive team of staff and governors.
• Opportunities for ongoing training and professional development to enhance your skills and expertise in SEN education.
• The chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of children with special needs and contribute to their overall success and well-being.
We are looking for:
• Qualified teacher status and relevant certifications in special education or SEN.
• Demonstrated experience working with children with special needs, in an educational setting.
• Strong knowledge of SEN strategies, interventions, and assessment methods.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with children, parents, and colleagues
• Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting the holistic development of students with special needs.
• Flexibility and adaptability in meeting the changing needs of individual children
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
To arrange a visit, or if you require any further information, please contact us on 0118 901 5550 or contact us by emailing Head@stmichaels.reading.sch.uk
Application forms and Job description can be found at http://www.stmichaels.reading.sch.uk
Application closing date: Applications will be reviewed on submission
Interviews: To be confirmed
We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.
We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role will require an Enhanced DBS check.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.